Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Switched on 4?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

Switched on 4?

Hi everybody,

I was listening to my own Switched On Vol. 4 the other day and as there are so many wonderful songs on it i wonder: does anyone know if this will ever officially happen? It's just so obvious that is hás to happen, that's why. Just takes so damn long.

Feb 02, 2017, 22:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

Re: Switched on 4?

I mean: we all love Laetitia's solowork, we all love Cavern Of Anti-Matter, just give us the damn SO4 already!

Feb 02, 2017, 23:03

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I am a big fan of Solar Throw Away and Univerity Microfilms but really almost all those unreleased tracks are great.

Feb 03, 2017, 02:35

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

[spoiler]My hunch is they're saving it for release in advance of a reunion tour, or perhaps released a couple of months to a year in advance of a new record maybe. A primer toward a last hurrah in any event, as it were.[/spoiler]

I also had a hunch that we'd see the final Trish Bcast record way before now, so take it for what it's worth, nothing.

Feb 03, 2017, 03:09

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

Kazak wrote:
[spoiler]My hunch is they're saving it for release in advance of a reunion tour, or perhaps released a couple of months to a year in advance of a new record maybe. A primer toward a last hurrah in any event, as it were.[/spoiler]

I also had a hunch that we'd see the final Trish Bcast record way before now, so take it for what it's worth, nothing.

You think so? That just doesn't sound like something they would do. They always release great music with such ease; they don't seem like the kind of band to hang on to great old tracks waiting for when the time is commercially right.. But you never know.

Feb 03, 2017, 11:00

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

I guess most of us already have all the tracks that would be on it, in one form or another? What would be more exciting for me is if there was any genuinely unreleased material still in the vaults, like the Burnt Umber Assembly track which surfaced a while back. Or perhaps a good quality live DVD with some professionally shot footage that didn't appear on youtube yet.

Feb 03, 2017, 11:47

peturv
180 posts

I have a faint memory of Martin mentioning it here years ago and now that Duophonic is active again with the CoA-M releases there is always a chance... maybe someone needs to start a petition

Feb 03, 2017, 12:03

peturv
180 posts

I think a reunion might only happen if Tim and Lćtitia really wanted to make new music together. Touring 'greatest hits' for a quick buck seems out of character for the groop.
Now that they are pretty active with their own projects, I wouldn't hold my breath for a reunion tour/album - but we can always dream

Feb 03, 2017, 12:09

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Well, just that it hasn't already been released leads me to that conclusion/hunch.

Feb 03, 2017, 12:39

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

peturv wrote:
I have a faint memory of Martin mentioning it here years ago and now that Duophonic is active again with the CoA-M releases there is always a chance... maybe someone needs to start a petition

Yeah Martin mentioned it. I don't know, it just feels like an unclosed chapter or something. It would just be such a fantastic addition to our collections. Plus, i would really love to hear tracks like Fried Monkey Jelly or Speck-Voice without the sped up, crackly vinyl 'additions' that we have now.

Feb 03, 2017, 13:16

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index