Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Switched on 4?
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

Re: Switched on 4?

diskkoholic wrote:
peturv wrote:
I have a faint memory of Martin mentioning it here years ago and now that Duophonic is active again with the CoA-M releases there is always a chance... maybe someone needs to start a petition

Yeah Martin mentioned it. I don't know, it just feels like an unclosed chapter or something. It would just be such a fantastic addition to our collections. Plus, i would really love to hear tracks like Fried Monkey Jelly or Speck-Voice without the sped up, crackly vinyl 'additions' that we have now.

Fried Monkey Eggs, i mean..

Feb 03, 2017, 13:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

peturv
180 posts

diskkoholic wrote:
i would really love to hear tracks like Fried Monkey Jelly or Speck-Voice without the sped up, crackly vinyl 'additions' that we have now.

additions? are you meaning some crappy mp3-rips of the songs? ... as far as I remember all my 7" sound fine - it would just be nicer to have nicely sequenced 3LP set with all the songs (and hopefully a few unreleased from the vaults, if there are any)

Feb 03, 2017, 17:31

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

peturv wrote:
diskkoholic wrote:
i would really love to hear tracks like Fried Monkey Jelly or Speck-Voice without the sped up, crackly vinyl 'additions' that we have now.

additions? are you meaning some crappy mp3-rips of the songs? ... as far as I remember all my 7" sound fine - it would just be nicer to have nicely sequenced 3LP set with all the songs (and hopefully a few unreleased from the vaults, if there are any)

Yes, crappy mp3-rips, that's what i mean. I'm not as lucky to own all original toursingles, i'm jealous that you do.

Feb 03, 2017, 19:18

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I guess most of us already have all the tracks that would be on it, in one form or another? What would be more exciting for me is if there was any genuinely unreleased material still in the vaults, like the Burnt Umber Assembly track which surfaced a while back. Or perhaps a good quality live DVD with some professionally shot footage that didn't appear on youtube yet.

That Burnt Umber track was the most exciting thing for me about the groop for a long time. I wrote on facebook to Lae and Andy asking a question about the another potential track from that Charles Long exhibit, for the piece Unity Purity Occasional. Laetitia didn't respond. Andy was really nice about it, but didn't know which songs were released or not, hadn't listened to any of it in years. Then I fell down on the job and forgot to ask Pikey about it.

I also wish they had followed through about doing a good live DVD. I think it was cost prohibitive from what I remember.

Feb 05, 2017, 04:28

vivakomeda
744 posts

Both Laetitia and (to a lesser extent) Tim have been rather dismissive of Stereolab in interviews in recent years.

Maybe they're inclined to promote the new projects, not sure. But a reunion seems like a 5% chance, and a reunion for the right reasons a 2% chance.

Feb 08, 2017, 03:39

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Both Laetitia and (to a lesser extent) Tim have been rather dismissive of Stereolab in interviews in recent years.

Maybe they're inclined to promote the new projects, not sure. But a reunion seems like a 5% chance, and a reunion for the right reasons a 2% chance.

What would be the wrong reasons? And why do you think they would be more likely to reform for the wrong reasons than the right reasons? Seems a bit presumptuous.

I still feel they will return as stereolab again some dsy, and hopefully with some new music. Maybe not in the near future, but eventually.

Feb 08, 2017, 04:56

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I think that Stereolab has too much love for their music to make it for the wrong reasons.

Feb 08, 2017, 05:27

vivakomeda
744 posts

Agreed, I should have said that differently.

Anyway I don't think it'll happen.

Feb 08, 2017, 22:01

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index