Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Hey Gary
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: Hey Gary

Nice one, have fun! I hope the weather is kind :)

Jun 17, 2017, 09:19


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Hey Gary

Well I didn't end up getting the chance to see Gary, but we did have a couple nice chats on the phone. He's truly a nice guy, and hope I get to meet him sometime if he comes out to San Francisco!

Jul 03, 2017, 18:35


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Hey Gary

Hobobachang wrote:
Nice one, have fun! I hope the weather is kind :)


Weather was as expected, some good some bad days or parts of days. Worst was on Skye when the wind was like 50-60 mph and rainy and I was trying to open the car door just to take a picture of Old Man of Storr! I didn't get the crisp clear pictures of some of the scenic rock formations that I would have liked because of fog or just wrong time of day, but the foggy Glencoe probably has some atmospheric shots. I haven't looked at my photos yet.

I had a great time despite all the driving on the left and the stress from that. Also went up to Orkney. My favorite spots were Duncansby Head, and Glencoe area.

Jul 03, 2017, 21:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Hey Gary

In case anyone is interested, this was our route.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n_fdK1XQ1Zz3GO9zo-AaTKHPkmc&usp=sharing

Jul 11, 2017, 03:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Hey Gary

I used google maps directions, which has limitations, so ignore the alphabet lettering. I might change it to go day by day, but can't remember without my mom's help so maybe later. Only allowed 10 points/directions before having to start with a new layer, so the letters are all wonky whenever we might have backtracked a bit.

I did some points of interest that we saw though which is cool, you can see some photos people uploaded to google maps.

Jul 11, 2017, 03:12


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Hey Gary

And can't believe I didn't mention Fingal's Cave as a favorite. We waited a day so we'd get perfect weather to travel there. A ferry from Oban, then a bus barreling down a single track road on the Isle of Mull, then a smaller boat out to Staffa and the cave, boat back to Fiona, Ferry to Mull, barreling bus (with old bus driver with sexist jokes), then ferry back to Oban. Amazing place and worth it.

Jul 11, 2017, 03:20


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Re: Hey Gary

cyberpainter wrote:
I didn't mention Fingal's Cave as a favorite. We waited a day so we'd get perfect weather to travel there. A ferry from Oban, then a bus barreling down a single track road on the Isle of Mull, then a smaller boat out to Staffa and the cave, boat back to Fiona, Ferry to Mull, barreling bus (with old bus driver with sexist jokes), then ferry back to Oban. Amazing place and worth it.


I refer the Hon. Lady to my post in this thread on June 16th.

I did the Oban-Mull-Oban round trip once 8 years ago, but have never been to Staffa.

Jul 11, 2017, 18:23


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Hey Gary

cyberpainter wrote:
In case anyone is interested, this was our route.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n_fdK1XQ1Zz3GO9zo-AaTKHPkmc&usp=sharing






Gosh, what an adventure! I've been to about half of the places you visited. I really need to get my ass back up to the Highlands.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:18


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Hey Gary

Harold Bissonette wrote:
... I really need to get my ass back up to the Highlands.


? Just leave it with a few bales of straw and take the train.

Jul 13, 2017, 19:02


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Re: Hey Gary

revox wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
... I really need to get my ass back up to the Highlands.


? Just leave it with a few bales of straw and take the train.



For the win!

Jul 14, 2017, 05:42

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index