Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab Live in Berkeley '93
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Stereolab Live in Berkeley '93

Nice recording. Almost quarter of a century ago?! Play loud!

Apr 06, 2017, 22:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Stereolab Live in Berkeley '93

Thx!

Apr 06, 2017, 23:01

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Hobobachang wrote:

Nice recording. Almost quarter of a century ago?! Play loud!

Nice. I am desperately seeking live stuff from 2008 - recording or DVD. I have a pretty reliable source so if I land some I will definitely share it.

Apr 07, 2017, 00:44

mikka000
1083 posts

Thanks for sharing, my fav period for live 'Lab stuff!

Apr 07, 2017, 03:00

mikka000
1083 posts

That Farfisa in the second half of JO is phaaaaat,

Apr 08, 2017, 09:30

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

I live right next to Berkeley, but that video is unavailable to me. :) But anyhow, maybe it's the same footage I've seen at the old location for the record store Mod Lang?

Apr 08, 2017, 22:30

mikka000
1083 posts

this doesn't sound like a record store gig, sounds like a proper venue with full band and instrumentation.

Apr 09, 2017, 00:18

mikka000
1083 posts

oh the video has gone unavailable for me too!
No more phat Farfisa drones for me then.

Apr 09, 2017, 00:19

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Gone for me too! I believe this was the show in question:

http://www.koly.com/stereolab/setlist.php?id=491

Koly only has one track on their bootleg section, John Cage Bubblegum. But this seems to be from the Mod Lang instore on the same day, rather than the evening show (assuming the dates are correct?).

Wish I had snagged a copy before the vid was pulled, one of the best sounding recordings of early period 'lab I had encountered till now! :/

Apr 09, 2017, 22:11

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Too bad about losing that one. These are the videos I have bookmarked from '93, none high quality, but fun to watch anyway.

I like this one from '92, partly because back then, the audience was so into it with the head bobbing. haha

Apr 11, 2017, 20:38

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index