Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Lager vs Ale?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

Lager vs Ale?

Where you at?

Apr 27, 2017, 00:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Re: Lager vs Ale?

Oooh, ok. I'm mostly fond of IPAs and stouts. If the IPAs have a grapefruit or citrusy touch I'm especially happy. And stouts if they don't have coffee.

Apr 27, 2017, 02:22

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

But to answer your question, ale.

Apr 27, 2017, 02:22

chemistry set
chemistry set
17 posts

Black Russian, if you please.

Apr 27, 2017, 02:53

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1217 posts

There are some decent lagers out there, but the style has been ruined for me by the Pabsts of the world.

Apr 27, 2017, 05:06

peturv
179 posts

a good ale (ipa or pale) over any lager

a good lager over a crappy ale

Apr 27, 2017, 12:31

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I'm mostly fond of IPAs and stouts.

Yikes. I find IPAs undrinkable. I am definitely a Lager guy. An ice cold Lager. A good Ale is good too of course.

Definitely a sipper. It takes a good half hour to get through a pint.

Apr 28, 2017, 00:04

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
but the style has been ruined for me by the Pabsts of the world.

Don't tell Frank this.

Apr 28, 2017, 00:16

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

matthew6 wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
I'm mostly fond of IPAs and stouts.

Yikes. I find IPAs undrinkable. I am definitely a Lager guy. An ice cold Lager. A good Ale is good too of course.

Definitely a sipper. It takes a good half hour to get through a pint.

I used to think that about IPA too, but there are so many good ones now from California. Many have very little bitter taste, some are piney, or floral-y, many citrus-y. There's such a variety of hops, plus they sometimes add a bit of other flavors. Some are terrible of course too. But there are probably thousands of them now. I've grown accustomed to the bitterness and like it ok now.

Apr 28, 2017, 05:26

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1217 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Don't tell Frank this.

Frank? Fuck that shit... MANNY'S PALE ALE!

Apr 28, 2017, 07:41

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index