Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Switched on Volume 4?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

gerryd23
3 posts

Switched on Volume 4?

Any chance of this ever being released? There must still be a huge collection of rare tracks that are hard to find which us fans NEED to have... xx

May 04, 2017, 15:38

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Re: Switched on Volume 4?

I think most (all?) of the material can be found on YouTube.

It's a bit sad that they can't seem to be bothered putting it together. Especially considering the material is very very good.

May 04, 2017, 21:21

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Lots of stuff here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfAJhijz8HAIHjzvBru1JJXVfu36x85IE

May 05, 2017, 00:07

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

That's an awesome list. I will have to give it a listen. I thought most of the rare material was released on Aluminum tunes and ABC music. Lab has such an extensive catalog. They really changed my whole outlook on music for a good 14 years.

May 05, 2017, 01:32

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Great!!

May 05, 2017, 06:04

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Cool.

May 05, 2017, 10:49

peturv
183 posts

maybe we need to start a petition to get them to release it!

there should be a solid 2CD/3LP worth of post-AT tour singles, Japanese bonus tracks and rarities. not sure how much is still in the vaults, but who knows!

May 05, 2017, 16:03

gerryd23
3 posts

Damn straight... if Martin is reading please get this released. Maybe their holding it back, in case Stereolab ever get back together.. heres hoping! Just been listening to 'Check and Double check' off S.O VOL 3 and its rapidly becoming one of my favourite lab tracks ever... more lab releases please!!

May 05, 2017, 16:46

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

gerryd23 wrote:
Just been listening to 'Check and Double check' off S.O VOL 3 and its rapidly becoming one of my favourite lab tracks ever...

That track just clicked with me one day and I quickly became obsessed.

One Small Step is also devastating.

May 06, 2017, 01:12

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

I'm getting old and my mind is starting to fail, so forgive me if I'm repeating a debate that we had years ago. Is there a consensus regarding which 'Switched On' volume this next one would be?

"Switched On"
[singles & EPs, 1991]

"Refried Ecroplasm (Switched On, Vol 2)"
[singles & EPs & misc, 1992-95]

"Aluminum Tunes (Switched On, Vol 3)"
[singles & EPs & misc, 1994-1997]

"Oscillations from the Anti-Sun"
[singles & EPs, 1993-2001]

"Fab Four Suture"
[singles, 2005-2006]

In my mind, "Oscillations" doesn't make sense as anything but Vol 4, while "Fab Four" sort of feels like its own different animal... but then it's also pretty similar in scope to the oringinal. Are we on number 4, 5, or 6?

May 06, 2017, 04:52

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index