Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
People get music for free - detrimental to artists?
40 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: People get music for free - detrimental to artists?

I dont think anybody sets out making music as a serious career path. Nobody can really presume that their band is going to make it. I think if you are in a fairly successful group, one that allows you to earn your money by travelling around the world (albeit in buses)playing music that should be enough. How good would it be to come back off tour with a few quid in the bank and chill out, sleep late, spend time with the family and write your next bunch of songs? That, my friends, is the life of riley.

The most anti-d/l voices in recent times have been billion dollar record companies and million selling groups - well boo-hoo! These people are just greedy, right?

I feel sorry for Laetitia that she feels she doesnt earn enough, I really do, but I know a few million people that would swap their last 20 years for hers.

Oct 08, 2008, 19:58

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: