Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
People get music for free - detrimental to artists?
40 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

Re: People get music for free - detrimental to artists?

I've enjoyed reading the different opinions about downloading......better than the opinions are the reasons and justifications we give for doing so. From what I've witnessed, most people are foolish when it comes to downloading. Not the legality / moral part of it, but constantly downloading stuff and NEVER listening to it. NEVER listening because they are too busy downloading. I even know people who do this with the legal music they purchase.

I feel that most bands create their own fortune. Look at Sonic Youth and their SYR label......why doesn't Stereolab do the same thing? The same thing when it comes to touring: Example - Stereolab is coming to Texas and NOT playing Houston which is the fourth largest city in the United States. There is no doubt the show would sell out just like it did on the 'Sound Dust' tour (last time they played Houston). Choosing to play Austin & Dallas and not play Houston simply doesn't add up $ $ $.

Oct 09, 2008, 14:30

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: