Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
People get music for free - detrimental to artists?
40 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Best Of Albums - Shit You Already Have

I wrote about this above, but the worst thing to me is remembering my days collecting (and paying for) Smiths and Morrissey stuff. They/he'd release yet another 'best of' album but purposely add a rare track from some obscure, out of print b-side single. As a teenager, not really understanding money the way I do now, I would spring $20 for the import -- even if 9/10 songs were already owned. This was after paying for any single I could get my hand on (many of them imports).

Thank God file sharing gives us a way out of that--but that still hasn't stopped Morrissey and the Smiths from releasing two new 'best of' albums this year alone.

Smith and Morrissey - some of the greatest tunes of all time, but give us a damn break will ya? It's a little insulting and hypocritical if you live(d) in Whalley Range.

Cybele

Oct 09, 2008, 15:04

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: