Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
New Luke Vibert
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

New Luke Vibert

Yaaaaaaaaas! :D

May 06, 2017, 12:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: New Luke Vibert

I, of course, already have vinyl in hand. Personally, I'm a tad underwhelmed by it. Seems a little too Vibert-by-the-numbers to me, insert-squelchy-synth-stab-here-the-kids-love-that.

May 06, 2017, 18:45

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Kazak wrote:
...insert-squelchy-synth-stab-here-the-kids-love-that.

SQUELCH IT REAL GOOD!!!

May 07, 2017, 04:29

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Kazak wrote:
I, of course, already have vinyl in hand. Personally, I'm a tad underwhelmed by it. Seems a little too Vibert-by-the-numbers to me, insert-squelchy-synth-stab-here-the-kids-love-that.

Yeah, get what you're saying. I love the concept, but feel it would have been a much stronger record if his tribute to the UKG sound (which I adore, by the way) had been less "obvious sample based", and leaning more towards creating something new in the same spirit.

He's even recycling parts from his own back catalog now, such as the Altern 8 sample featured in Amen Andrew's "100001 Style" :D

May 09, 2017, 20:53