Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Depeche Mode
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

Depeche Mode

Any fans? I liked Violator and Music for the Masses when they came out, but I was more into The Cure, The Smiths and New Order at the time.

Around 2004 an old girlfriend got me into their current output. And I've slowly become more interested in them. I'm going to see them for the first time this September.

May 08, 2017, 17:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Depeche Mode

Love them. Great stuff. Much more familiar with their early work, but curious about the new stuff, too.

May 08, 2017, 18:30

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

Their new album is very political and anti-fascist.

May 08, 2017, 19:36

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

I, too, am anti-fascist.

May 10, 2017, 18:44

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Haven't listened to them for a while but was a big fan back in the day, yeah.

May 11, 2017, 13:57

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
I, too, am anti-fascist.

It's good, yes.

May 12, 2017, 16:03

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

wracket wrote:
Haven't listened to them for a while but was a big fan back in the day, yeah.

In general I prefer their more recent work because it is heavier and less synth-dominated.

May 12, 2017, 16:04

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

I prefer their more synthy stuff TBH.

Is it odd to say I think Broadcast could have done an awesome cover version of "Behind the Wheel" (not thinking so much of the lyrics, but musically speaking)?

I forgot how big DM actually were. Their shows looked pretty crazy back in the day.

May 13, 2017, 09:02