Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Warp did you delete Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go??????
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Warp did you delete Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go??????

Someone noticed that many Stereolab videos are not available on youtube anymore, and I see it seems to all be warp notices. That interview with Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go was precious to all of us!

I'm going to start writing and find out what is going on. In the meantime, does anyone have that downloaded?

I'm really upset about this. Really really really upset.

May 15, 2017, 06:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Re: Warp did you delete Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go??????

Why Warp, doesn't the copyright lie with Duophonic? I guess they released only Aluminium Tunes, so perhaps this takedown affects only tracks featured on that album?

Warp used to be one of my favourite labels in the world, and introduced me to so much great music. It all went downhill when they started signing crap bands like Maximo Park though. I cringe so much these days when I open the Bleep mailout, their super-hyperbole hipster TOV is totally grim!

May 15, 2017, 20:29

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

I don't know why. I'm planning to write Martin and anyone else I can think of. I want that video to be available to us.

May 16, 2017, 06:00

mikka000
1084 posts

I wonder if this is some way related to the reissues....

May 16, 2017, 11:32

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Martin's on tour with Deerhunter, but he's going to look into it.

May 16, 2017, 15:32

hito
hito
1745 posts

It seems weird for a record company to delete an interview. I'd assume they couldn't sell it themselves and I would assume they don't even have the rights to the show.

I understand them deleting copyrighted music. I assume in the war for the 0.0000000000000000000000000000000800076 cents they get per play from spotify, apple music, pandora and youtube, Warp probably wants all of the music through the legal channels.

May 17, 2017, 13:40

peturv
187 posts

I'm pretty sure the deletion of the video has nothing to do with that it is an interview with a Stereolab member.

the most likely reason is that there is some music used in the background that belongs to Warp

there are bots that can scan youtube and find videos with unlicensed music and I presume Warp used one of those so people would rather go to their own YT channel or other platforms to listen to Warp music

May 17, 2017, 13:55

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

If I remember correctly there was some dancing with a bunch of kids to some groop track, was it Les Yper-Sound? Don't think that was released on Warp....? It was really cute footage!

May 17, 2017, 22:15

jeff w
jeff w
685 posts

Yeah, it's available on Facebook. Easy to google.

May 18, 2017, 14:41

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

I've been looking through the ETK songs on YouTube - they've all been warped.

May 19, 2017, 02:08

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index