Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Warp did you delete Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go??????
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: Warp did you delete Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go??????

jeff w wrote:
Yeah, it's available on Facebook. Easy to google.

I did google and it was deleted from youtube, or at least in my country?

May 19, 2017, 15:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Direct link (not youtube?):
https://www.facebook.com/ntsradiolive/videos/10156189742655444/?fallback=1

May 21, 2017, 13:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Oh yes I saw that thanks, but it doesn't show the interview moments with Mary. It's only the end where they are dancing. The precious part is with Mary.

May 21, 2017, 22:14

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Someone noticed that many Stereolab videos are not available on youtube anymore, and I see it seems to all be warp notices. That interview with Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go was precious to all of us!

I'm going to start writing and find out what is going on. In the meantime, does anyone have that downloaded?

I'm really upset about this. Really really really upset.

I just looked up Aluminum tunes and found the whole record. Maybe it has not hit all their videos yet. I guess this is a double edged sword. People don't want to purchase single albums these days; it's seems like music is going to subscription based services like Spotify and Pandora. At least that's what I hear millennials are doing. The bands I guess in a lot of ways get screwed out of royalties. Still I have bought several Lab records twice - on vinyl and cd so I don't have any guilt about streaming it on Youtube. It just seems like an odd time for music; especially indie music.

Jun 01, 2017, 04:13

martin
183 posts

Sorry for taking a while to reply, I've been out with Deerhunter and then on a few Ulrika Spacek shows.

All tracks are now registered via Merlin [indie label association]. Their anti-pirating blocker automatically comes into force, it deletes any tracks that don't link back to the owner. We can over-ride this but can only do so once the blocked tracks are brought to our attention as we don't receive any information - Merlin blanket block anything that doesn't register with their database.
I'll try and get this back up.
Cheerio,
Martin

cyberpainter wrote:
Someone noticed that many Stereolab videos are not available on youtube anymore, and I see it seems to all be warp notices. That interview with Mary on Chic-A-Go-Go was precious to all of us!

I'm going to start writing and find out what is going on. In the meantime, does anyone have that downloaded?

I'm really upset about this. Really really really upset.

Jun 12, 2017, 20:10

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Thank you Martin!!

Jun 12, 2017, 20:19

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

I wrote again to Martin about this, and he'll try looking into it again. I also just wrote via facebook to Chic-a-Go-Go about it, and the host Mia Park responded and said she'd write to the producer. So we may get some movement on this eventually, to have access to the footage of Mary!
<3

Oct 18, 2017, 04:37

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

I found this footage interesting because it was the first time I heard Mary speak/interviewed. Still haven't found anything from Andy or Morgane

Oct 18, 2017, 14:15

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I wrote again to Martin about this, and he'll try looking into it again. I also just wrote via facebook to Chic-a-Go-Go about it, and the host Mia Park responded and said she'd write to the producer. So we may get some movement on this eventually, to have access to the footage of Mary!
<3

I haven't forgotten about this, just wrote an email to Mia to see if I can prompt some movement on it.

Nov 15, 2017, 22:30

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
<3

I haven't forgotten about this, just wrote an email to Mia to see if I can prompt some movement on it.

And she wrote back again and said she would contact the producer. So anyway... still hoping for the best.

Nov 20, 2017, 06:42

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index