Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best Band ever ?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Best Band ever ?

I will nominate....

Funkadelic

Jun 11, 2017, 14:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: Best Band ever ?

Nice choice, dude! I couldn't possibly narrow it down to one, too many different genres / criterea at play :D

Jun 11, 2017, 16:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Hi!

Jun 11, 2017, 21:09

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Hi!

Hola CP !!

Aside from Trump, I trust all is well :)

Jun 12, 2017, 10:31

hito
hito
1745 posts

Stereolab.

Ha ha. I couldn't really nominate any act. As per my discussion in the worst thread, there are eras. Due to sheer volume of output and the chance that some of it would not be very good, Stereolab damaged their ranking.

Jun 12, 2017, 13:24

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

hito wrote:
Stereolab.

I wont say they are the best. But they are my favourite.

Jun 12, 2017, 14:10

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

I'd reckon the Beatles would probably be .....

They are not without worthwhile criticism. I've soured on the inconsistency of their albums. They were for the most part a singles band. Though I do consider the 'White Album' one of the best albums ever, even if it was a happy accident.

They were not really innovators either. But were masters of assimilating what others were doing and packaging it. As such their timing as impeccable. As was the timing of their breakup.

Jun 12, 2017, 14:16

hito
hito
1745 posts

matthew6 wrote:
I'd reckon the Beatles would probably be .....

They are not without worthwhile criticism. I've soured on the inconsistency of their albums. They were for the most part a singles band. Though I do consider the 'White Album' one of the best albums ever, even if it was a happy accident.

They were not really innovators either. But were masters of assimilating what others were doing and packaging it. As such their timing as impeccable. As was the timing of their breakup.

Spot on.

I think many of the musical masters were masters of assimilation, Stereolab included (albeit from a different era). Bowie made a long career out of taking other people's ideas and passing them off as his own.

Jun 12, 2017, 15:35

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

hito wrote:
I think many of the musical masters were masters of assimilation, Stereolab included (albeit from a different era). Bowie made a long career out of taking other people's ideas and passing them off as his own.

Thanks for this reminder. Instead of always getting annoyed with my co-worker, I really ought to start thinking of him as The David Bowie of Our Office.

Jun 13, 2017, 16:18