Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Where you stand as a fan?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Where you stand as a fan?

I've burnt myself out on Sound Dust. It remains a masterpiece though.

Chemical Chords is my choice for casual listening. It doesn't reach the artistic heights of their earlier albums - but it's damn enjoyable.

I've really warmed up to Dots and Loops. Before I admired it more as a technical achievement but now its beauty has revealed itself. It's a true album experience. It needs to be played from beginning to end.

I am fascinated by the unreleased 'next switched on' material. I feel it has a strong exotic vibe to it. It's just as good as anything else they've done.

Jun 28, 2017, 15:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Where you stand as a fan?

I'm looking to sell some Lab merch.

I still listen to Stereolab frequently, but have to be careful with the approach. Full album experiences aren't as fulfilling as revisiting specific tracks that I've not had as much time with as others. Exception being Dots & Loops, which I find has been the most consistently needed, enjoyed and timeless.

I also still consider Laetitia to be the most captivating element of Stereolab.

It's evident with each passing year why people didn't think post-2000 Lab wasn't as strong. Odd to say since I still enjoy roughly 75% or more of it.

Jun 29, 2017, 01:43

vivakomeda
744 posts

I think Dots & Loops is their best record, start to finish

Jun 29, 2017, 02:13

greencrayon
greencrayon
21 posts

Dots and Loops is a great album to play while biking on a nice summer day.

Jun 29, 2017, 07:46

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

I dip in and out of the catalogue much as I do with all my long time favourite bands. Dots & Loops is definitely my favourite album. It's weird to think that its release was the end of the road for a lot of fans (or maybe the beginning of the end).

I've recently gone through the excellent 'Raretes' and 'Ultimate Mix Collection' playlists kindly posted on here a few months ago. A big thank you to whomever posted them! Quite a few tunes I'd never heard before.

Was nice to hear Calimero again - it'd been a while :-)

Jun 29, 2017, 23:29

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I stand just in front of the mixing desk, best sound right there

Jun 30, 2017, 17:16

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Dots & Loops is definitely my favourite album. It's weird to think that its release was the end of the road for a lot of fans (or maybe the beginning of the end).

I think BOTE quite liked it actually :D

Jul 01, 2017, 13:22

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
Dots & Loops is definitely my favourite album. It's weird to think that its release was the end of the road for a lot of fans (or maybe the beginning of the end).

I think BOTE quite liked it actually :D

BOTE :D

Jul 02, 2017, 22:52

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
16 posts

I hardly ever listen to Stereolab anymore. I also don't really like Cavern of Anti-Matter. I am a fan of Laetitia, though, both as an artist and a person.

Jul 03, 2017, 22:25

FFSLouis
11 posts

I'm on the fence. I like Cobra and I really like Transient. Those are cool discs IMHO

Jul 04, 2017, 00:05

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index