Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Where you stand as a fan?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

FFSLouis
11 posts

Re: Where you stand as a fan?

FFSLouis wrote:
I'm on the fence. I like Cobra and I really like Transient. Those are cool discs IMHO

Oh yeah, sound-dust is mighty fine that's my utopian world listen disc.

Jul 04, 2017, 00:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

The bands Golden Era was 1995-1999 and 'Dots and Loops' WAS thier best album and 'Fluorescences' their best EP, in my opinion.

Jul 11, 2017, 23:39

sdc
3 posts

I mostly find myself listening to a few live shows from the mid-1990s with long, cranking versions of songs like 'Lo Boob Oscillator' and 'Metronomic Underground.' When I listen to an album, it's usually Mars Audiac Quartet, probably because it's the first one I had, or The Free Design ep, primarily because of 'Escape Pod.'

Jul 13, 2017, 05:00

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I stand staunchly behind them.

I still listen to them fairly regularly - and randomly.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:20

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

:)))

Jul 13, 2017, 19:57

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

I am on a bit of a hiatus. I listened to Stereolab in heavy rotation from 1996 to 2009. Since then I have been going through a few phases a year and most of the time I have been reaching for Chemical Chords. I really like this album in perspective of where Stereolab was in their career. The songs are really well crafted having evolved from their early Neu! and Kraut rock influenced minimalism. The production is also really mature. Tim really evolved as an engineer, composer, and producer. I always thought the new keyboardist they added was fantastic(sorry can't find his name); they guy with glasses. I thought this was a really fantastic way for the groop to say farewell. Other than this I think "Come and Play in the milky night" has become one of my favorite Lab songs. For some reason I have a hard time listening to Soundust these days. Lab was such a great band and I miss the 90's indies.

Jul 15, 2017, 04:53

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Emperor Tomato Ketchup is the one that I still put in rotation every now and then. Though I did spin Oscillons from the Anti-Sun recently too. I do appreciate the coolness of their b-side material.

Jul 16, 2017, 20:24

vivakomeda
746 posts

The new compilations (Serene Velocity, Oscillons, that other Elektra one) watered down some of the old EP/Switched On mystique.

Jul 18, 2017, 07:37

peturv
183 posts

I still keep them in heavy rotation, mostly the '93-'01 era (guess I play sound-dust, ectoplasm, maq and d&l the most). of the later stuff Chemical Chords is probably the best one, but I feel a lot of the magic evaporated after Mary passed away

I like listening to them on my ipod while I work (the only non-instrumental music I can really listen to when working as I am so familiar with the songs not to be distracted by the words), and then I play the LP's only for special occasions

Jul 18, 2017, 11:59

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
The new compilations (Serene Velocity, Oscillons, that other Elektra one) watered down some of the old EP/Switched On mystique.

Oscillons was so beautifully packaged, such a joy to have, stickers, videos and all. I see best of's being watered down, but in my mind, it's better to have the music, than to have the mystique of never getting the music re switched-on 4.

Jul 18, 2017, 21:11

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index