Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Where you stand as a fan?
29 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Re: Where you stand as a fan?

I am on a bit of a hiatus. I listened to Stereolab in heavy rotation from 1996 to 2009. Since then I have been going through a few phases a year and most of the time I have been reaching for Chemical Chords. I really like this album in perspective of where Stereolab was in their career. The songs are really well crafted having evolved from their early Neu! and Kraut rock influenced minimalism. The production is also really mature. Tim really evolved as an engineer, composer, and producer. I always thought the new keyboardist they added was fantastic(sorry can't find his name); they guy with glasses. I thought this was a really fantastic way for the groop to say farewell. Other than this I think "Come and Play in the milky night" has become one of my favorite Lab songs. For some reason I have a hard time listening to Soundust these days. Lab was such a great band and I miss the 90's indies.

Jul 15, 2017, 04:53

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: