Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Esperanza Spalding - Exposure
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Esperanza Spalding - Exposure

So here's something curious. A fresh take on the process of recording music and the resulting output.

I like this idea a lot - something very zen about it. No frills, just a moment captured (and mixed). Still contemplating if I wanna spend 60 dollars on a piece of vinyl which may or may not have good music on it. But her last album was supreme - I think I'll take the chance...

Jul 26, 2017, 22:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: Esperanza Spalding - Exposure

She is one of the most exciting musicians on the planet these days, no question. I liked her last project too.

Jul 27, 2017, 01:38

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
She is one of the most exciting musicians on the planet these days, no question. I liked her last project too.

Check out her FaceBook Live jams. This new project has taken direct inspiration from those. Some of the best music she's ever made is in these videos...

Jul 27, 2017, 06:46

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

This is happening now. Check out her FB page to watch it LIVE. It's fun to actually sit on her creative process.

Sep 12, 2017, 19:09

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

This is all I've been watching for the last two days. It's been super inspiring to watch an artist in the pure process of creation. To watch how a song starts out so simple and over a short time, evolves and grows into something with bones and flesh, and then life breathed into it. If you haven't been watching, you've been missing out!

Sep 14, 2017, 22:35