Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Check and Double Check live?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

Check and Double Check live?

Has this ever happened?

Jul 29, 2017, 02:18

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: Check and Double Check live?

Not that I'm aware of. Obviously, I haven't seen every gig the groop ever played :D However its not mentioned on Koly's site, and I've never heard any recording other than the studio version. I guess its unlikely. How many tracks have they recorded, 120+ as a conservative estimate? Probably quite a few have never been performed on stage.

Jul 29, 2017, 13:25

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

The other recording is of course the take from a BBC session included on the "ABC Music" comp.

Jul 29, 2017, 18:11

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
The other recording is of course the take from a BBC session included on the "ABC Music" comp.

Doh! Forgot it's on there. I should listen to ABC more often :)

I guess there's only those two then :D

Jul 29, 2017, 18:38

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
How many tracks have they recorded, 120+ as a conservative estimate? Probably quite a few have never been performed on stage.

What I liked about the later post-Mary tours is that in order to shake things up a bit and make things more interesting to compensate for the lack of Mary, several songs either reappeared in the setlist or were played for the first time. For example, I don't think they ever did "The Emergency Kisses" on the Cobra tour, but it was there in 2008. I would've preferred another means for these songs getting performed, but in 2004 I don't think the usual new album plus tried and true setlist staples routine would've worked, so I applaud changes in the setlist and even setup (for example, horns taking over the backup harmony functions).

Jul 30, 2017, 00:28

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:

What I liked about the later post-Mary tours is that in order to shake things up a bit and make things more interesting to compensate for the lack of Mary, several songs either reappeared in the setlist or were played for the first time. For example, I don't think they ever did "The Emergency Kisses" on the Cobra tour, but it was there in 2008. I would've preferred another means for these songs getting performed, but in 2004 I don't think the usual new album plus tried and true setlist staples routine would've worked, so I applaud changes in the setlist and even setup (for example, horns taking over the backup harmony functions).

Agree with this, but don't think it had anything to do with Mary's absence. The groop always did this once their back catalogue got big, e.g. Des Etoiles Electroniques and Analog Rock were revived for the Cobra tour, Parsec was played live for the first and only time on the Sound-Dust tour...

Jul 30, 2017, 12:39