Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia's US tour starts today!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Laetitia's US tour starts today!

The Ensemble will be there for a whole month and she's going to most places so no excuses, 'merkins! Go - you won't be disappointed.

Dates posted here:

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/7727/threaded/82395/

and there's an extra show now added in Brooklyn on 6 September.

Aug 04, 2017, 12:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Laetitia's US tour starts today!

Got my tickets for Minneapolis! I quite like the venue she's playing - crusty and small. Saw her play the same one with Monade for the A Few Steps More tour.

Aug 04, 2017, 15:53

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

I caught her show last night. She sounded lovely.

Aug 25, 2017, 04:04

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

Where at?

Aug 25, 2017, 05:27

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
deadlyfingers wrote:

Where at?

Seattle. At the Sunset Tavern. It's a pretty small venue, and was comfortably filled by an audience of... I'd guess 50 or so? Laetitia noted that the place felt 'pretty trippy' while confessing that she'd eaten some chocolate before the show that 'perhaps had something in it.'

Anyhow, I was stone sober and quite impressed by her band. The other three members all sang and there were plenty of harmonies. As the show went on, they locked into a solid groove and Laetitia's voice sounded better and better, possibly the best performance I've ever heard from her.

Aug 25, 2017, 07:43

peturv
183 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

Seattle. At the Sunset Tavern. It's a pretty small venue, and was comfortably filled by an audience of... I'd guess 50 or so?

never really understood why bands keep booking shows there, so I get why not more people showed up. I mean I love Ballard, but it's an absolute pain to get to if you don't have a car. I confess skipping shows of bands I liked who were playing there, as I couldn't be bothered all the commute (but then I was a little spoiled when I lived in Seattle, living a block from Chop Suey and less than 5 minute walk from Neumos)

Aug 25, 2017, 10:53

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

peturv wrote:

(but then I was a little spoiled when I lived in Seattle, living a block from Chop Suey and less than 5 minute walk from

Apparently we used to be neighbors! I live just a few blocks from Chop Suey, but over the hill in the CD. I hardly go there anymore because the new ownership doesn't book many bands that I like - a shame, since it's by far the best-sounding venue that I know of around here.

I've seen some great shows at the Sunset, though it is a trek. I hadn't been there in a while, and it's been remodeled with door now between the bar and the performance space in the back... I've got mixed feelings about it.

Aug 25, 2017, 15:43

peturv
183 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

Apparently we used to be neighbors! I live just a few blocks from Chop Suey, but over the hill in the CD. I hardly go there anymore because the new ownership doesn't book many bands that I like - a shame, since it's by far the best-sounding venue that I know of around here.

haha! no way! I was on 14th and Union (across the street from Skillet) for the 3 years I lived in Seattle, until 2 years ago when I moved to London

but, yeah - I agree with Chop Suey, there were never any good bands playing there when I lived there, I only went when friends' bands were performing. I got super jealous when I figured out that Broadcast had played there in 2005 on the TB tour, would've been a great place to see them.

Aug 26, 2017, 00:53

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

peturv wrote:

I was on 14th and Union (across the street from Skillet)

I got super jealous when I figured out that Broadcast had played there in 2005 on the TB tour, would've been a great place to see them.

Whoa! The location of the psycho hatchet murder - that was pretty messed up. I'm over on Pine St, a block up from Centeal Cinema.

I did catch that Broadcast show. It was maybe a week after I moved to Seattle. Only time I ever saw them, and definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Aug 26, 2017, 04:01

peturv
183 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

Whoa! The location of the psycho hatchet murder - that was pretty messed up. I'm over on Pine St, a block up from Centeal Cinema.

wait what! never heard about that! but I heard about the body parts found in the trash on the same block as central cinema (a few months after I moved away) - but I did really love to go and see movies there

Aug 26, 2017, 04:15

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index