Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Rock Lobster
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Rock Lobster

I haven't listened to this song in years. It still freaks me out a little bit. Respect.

Aug 13, 2017, 06:57

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1083 posts

Re: Rock Lobster

absolute classic, lovelovelove

Aug 13, 2017, 10:32

mikka000
1083 posts

This clip is also from an Australian TV show called Countdown which ran for many years. Apparently, B52s hit it big in Australia before other countries, I don't know why but we really lapped up Rock Lobster.

Aug 13, 2017, 10:34

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

All time fave, love the B52s. This was the first song I heard from them, bought the 7" when a reissue hit the UK charts in 1986 (I was eleven then!).

IMHO Fred was one of the greatest frontmen in rock. There are some old B&W clips on youtube from some of their earliest gigs, those looked like fun times!

Aug 13, 2017, 11:15

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

If you like the B-52's check out Pylon. They were an Athens band that was around the same time and of course gained some fame after REM covered one of their songs and Peter Buck mentioned they were one of his favorite bands. I went to school in Athens and I remember a lot of the old school art crowd(dubbed "Townies")kind of snubbed the B-52's because they left Athens for NYC. I used to see Fred around town when he would come back to visit Athens.

Aug 15, 2017, 03:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Freaks me out that it was 37 years ago!

Aug 17, 2017, 09:58

Whatever_man
Whatever_man
39 posts

A lesser man would like that sort of thing, I'm thinking.. What is it with retro, put on pnumatic drill, i'd rather listen to it. loud. i'm totally not there when people discuss retro. i'd rather hear current pop..lol.

Aug 17, 2017, 23:58

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Absolutely fantastic and highly original song which they never bettered in my opinion!

I had the 1st album on cassette in 1984 and used to play RL over and over again as loud as my Ghetto Blaster would go, and it went pretty loud because I was living in a tiny little bedsit room at the time!

Aug 31, 2017, 23:39

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Me too!

Aug 31, 2017, 23:40