Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
I don't think this has been posted yet?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1900 posts

I don't think this has been posted yet?

Terrible quality. Fascinating document. Some interesting close ups. Banter too.

Had no idea Moogie Wonderland was one of their earlier songs

Enjoy!

Aug 17, 2017, 02:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: I don't think this has been posted yet?

I saw Monade at Mod Lang in Berkeley some years later. :) Yes I think we've seen it. This is all I have saved on youtube by the lab.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8B84D1172C5883A

Aug 17, 2017, 09:51

peturv
183 posts

matthew6 wrote:

the date on the video is 26.10.93, only about 9 months before the song was officially released, so I guess it was probably newly written at the time of this perfomance. not sure if I would call it one of their earlier songs - they had already released 2 lp's, a mini-lp, a compilation and a bunch of ep's by this point

anyway, thanks for sharing

-

I think this (much better quality) video is from the same show also:

Aug 17, 2017, 10:09

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

This is pretty amazing. I swear Tim is one of the most under-rated rhythm guitarist. Even with it's low fi recording; this is one of best early recordings I have seen; you can just get a sense they were discovering their sound. I like the original keyboardist they had too - while not technically great she really helped make up the original sound that the early records like Peng and Switched on had. I have a record store bootleg from about a year later, but it's not quite as good as this.

Aug 23, 2017, 04:43

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Terrible quality. Fascinating document. Some interesting close ups. Banter too.

Great stuff. A precious archive too, actually. The best bit of Moogie Wonderland was always the section you can hear on this video from 1'57" to 2"25". This was later dropped from the recorded version, and Tim even edited it out of the version on ABC Music, even though it is in the original Peel Session recording. Tim can be an idiot sometimes.

Aug 23, 2017, 22:56