Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What has happened here?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

nsc283b
405 posts

Re: What has happened here?

Sorry Hobo, but I didn't like any of it!:)
That isn't to say I didn't appreciate you, or anyone else, posting new music for us to try out. No one is going to like everything that gets posted. Over the years, I've discovered various new bands/styles of music that I've ended up buying. Like you and the painter, I tend not to comment on the stuff that doesn't appeal to me (until now).
I like various styles myself. Here are three bands for you to try. Two of them are friends of mine, but don't let that influence you. Lereostab may know of the latter band. I doubt many you'll like any of them! (but I don't mind).

Aug 29, 2017, 23:11

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

nsc283b
405 posts

Here's another........

Aug 29, 2017, 23:20

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi Nick,

Hope you're well mate!

I haven't heard of the latter band as it happens but I'll give them a serious listen later and let you know.

Take it easy,

Joe

Aug 29, 2017, 23:22

nsc283b
405 posts

Yes Joe, I'm very well thank you, and trust that you are too.
The latter band, Die Spangle, are Penzance based and very popular locally. I see them at least three times a year when they support Eastfield at the Studio Bar.
What Doom & Drone Metal are you into at the moment? Metal has always been popular with me. As a teenager, and into my early/mid twenties, I listened to nothing else. The NWOBHM was all the rage back then, and thrash and death metal were just coming in.
I used to go to the Radio Caroline Roadshows back then too, that just played heavy metal all evening. Those were the days.

Aug 30, 2017, 00:49

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi Nick,

That explains why I haven't heard of them, I don't live in St Ives anymore!

We moved 200 miles up the coast to Poole, Dorset about 3 years ago now.

As for the Metal, the bands I am enjoying are mainly in the Doom Drone genre i.e. Earth, Heavydeath, Black Boned Angel and Ommadon, some Sunn O))) too, there's something very relaxing about the whole thing which surprised me initially.

I was not into Metal in my youth as I was more of a Punk fan back then, but I had a mate who was in to Extreme Noise Terror and Anthrax, but the only band I really remember from that time who were sort of Metal was Amebix, I really loved that Arise album!

My main sounds at the moment though are these bands:

The Cosmic Dead
Moon Duo
Gnod
Mugstar

I'm so enjoying that whole Kraut/Psych/Space rock thing!

Good to hear from you,

Joe

Aug 30, 2017, 04:55

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

yeah we are all peering up our own fundaments

Aug 31, 2017, 00:36

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Lolz. This post seems to have sparked something of a renaissance though, more activity here in past couple of days than there has been in years! Nice to see, let's hope it lasts :)

Aug 31, 2017, 06:50

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

I don't mind the spam, it's more interesting than the usual posts. I wouldn't mind a bit if the forum were shut down. It's an exclusive club for music snobs who enjoy patting each other on the back.

Once upon a time it was a place where people inspired each other. Then certain people came and it went downhill.

Stereolab is pretty much dead, so I don't know why this is still here.

Sep 03, 2017, 03:36

a0d und m-ck
12 posts

stereolab are cool. i like them.. and i am so a music snob.

Sep 03, 2017, 03:43

greencrayon
greencrayon
21 posts

Left-Boob-Oscillator wrote:
I don't mind the spam, it's more interesting than the usual posts. I wouldn't mind a bit if the forum were shut down. It's an exclusive club for music snobs who enjoy patting each other on the back.

Once upon a time it was a place where people inspired each other. Then certain people came and it went downhill.

Stereolab is pretty much dead, so I don't know why this is still here.

Wouldn't it be epic if right when we're about to shut the place down, Stereolab reforms?

Yeah, that probably won't happen.

Sep 03, 2017, 04:53

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index