Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What has happened here?
26 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: What has happened here?

nsc283b wrote:

What Doom & Drone Metal are you into at the moment? Metal has always been popular with me. As a teenager, and into my early/mid twenties, I listened to nothing else. The NWOBHM was all the rage back then, and thrash and death metal were just coming in.
I used to go to the Radio Caroline Roadshows back then too, that just played heavy metal all evening. Those were the days.

Metal was my thing too when I was younger, but I was a late 80s / early 90s adolescent and listened mostly to the heavier thrash / death / black metal of the time. I came to appreciate a lot of the older NWOBHM later in life though, especially all the witch-themed bands such as Angel Witch, Witchfynde, Witchfinder General ;)

Doom-wise I really liked stuff like Cathedral, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, etc. Was lucky to see all of these bands live multiple times, with the exception of Pentagram who were supposed to play at Hellfest in France a few years ago, but didn't make it as Bobby Libeling got busted at the airport or something. On the drone side I caught Sunn O))) a couple times, they made a mighty racket which you could feel right through your body, very enjoyable.

I don't listen so much to metal these days, but sometimes when I'm in the mood its great to crank up some of the old classics at full blast. Blows away the cobwebs. Those were the days indeed!

Sep 09, 2017, 13:45

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: