Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Which one is best?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Which one is best?

You have only one answer (for each 3)

Stereolab:
Mars Audiac Quintet
Emperor Tomasto Ketchup
Sound-Dust

Broadcast:
Tender Buttons
Ha-Ha Sound
The Noise Made By People

Komada:
Kokomemedada
Pop Pa Svenska
What Makes It Go?

Aug 31, 2017, 00:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Which one is best?

For me - 1, 1, 3

Aug 31, 2017, 00:43

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

not familiar enough for the other two

Aug 31, 2017, 01:08

oceanspectre
3 posts

Broadcast

Aug 31, 2017, 03:03

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

1, 1, 1

Aug 31, 2017, 04:29

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

thomas2 wrote:
You have only one answer (for each 3)

Stereolab:
Mars Audiac Quintet
Emperor Tomasto Ketchup
Sound-Dust

Broadcast:
Tender Buttons
Ha-Ha Sound
The Noise Made By People

Komada:
Kokomemedada
Pop Pa Svenska
What Makes It Go?

Not sure, can't remember, so now I have to listen.

Aug 31, 2017, 04:51

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Stereolab - 2 (at present)

Broadcast - No Idea

Komeda - No Idea

Aug 31, 2017, 05:20

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

2, 3, 0

Aug 31, 2017, 06:46

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Aug 31, 2017, 09:59

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Iím going to provide some justifications for my picks to make life slightly more interestingÖ

Stereolab - Sound Dust

I love all 3, but Sound Dust is the 2nd most cohesive album (D&L being the first). I like the fairy tale element to the look and the general sound. There arenít really any lulls in SD. Iíve always felt like ETK starts off extremely strong and kind of trails off at the end. Suggestion Diabolique is an epic moment in this album.

Broadcast - HaHa Sound

A combination of seeing these songs performed live and the fact that Man is Not a Bird being the best song they ever put out makes me choose this album. The sound achieved in Tender Buttons is a bit more tempered in HaHa Sound. It still feels like a pop album; but windy and weird.

Komeda - What Makes It Go?

I remember seeing the album art for a while before finally picking this CD up. Sort of ABBA-esque and such great colors. It sounded like it looked, which is always fun. This is the only Komeda album I tend to listen to from start to finish. Itís more wistful and light than the others. I think I need to revisit it today.

Aug 31, 2017, 16:23

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index