Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Pram - The Owl Service
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Pram - The Owl Service

'Animals, darkness, and trees...'

Sep 01, 2017, 09:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Pram - The Owl Service

What a great video! Creepy visuals and an excellent vibe to the music!

Sep 01, 2017, 21:42

chemistry set
chemistry set
17 posts

Ah, thanks! This post prompted me to go back and listen to this record again, which in turn led me to rediscovering 'Mother of Pearl'. I'd recently heard that track used as a bump on NPR, and the fact that I'd heard it before yet couldn't recall exactly what it was really made it stick in my mind.

Sep 01, 2017, 22:13

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

I haven't heard Pram in a long time. I wonder what happened to them.

Sep 03, 2017, 03:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

They are still playing without Rosie.

https://www.facebook.com/pushthepram/

Sep 06, 2017, 07:56

vivakomeda
746 posts

One of the strangest, most interesting bands out there.

They're a bit from a bygone era perhaps, though.

Sep 09, 2017, 15:00

tiredlight
152 posts

Very nice, The Raincoats come to mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRP8nkaxMkQ&list=RDPRP8nkaxMkQ&t=11

Sep 11, 2017, 11:51

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

that makes me said. her vocals are such an important part of the sound. so distinct and fitting.

Sep 14, 2017, 16:22

hito
hito
1745 posts

Left-Boob-Oscillator wrote:
I haven't heard Pram in a long time. I wonder what happened to them.

I listen to them a lot. I was playing Helium on Monday and Gash on Tuesday. I know somebody here said they couldn't stand Gash but I really appreciate it. Interestingly, the song "Pram", despite sounding nothing like the rest of the record became a blueprint for the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oupmYTRzwNc&list=PLD9351777EA7EB6F7&index=3

Sep 20, 2017, 13:39

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Saw Pram one time supporting Sebadoh. Was super excited for the show, but found their set disappointing, TBH. Kind of boring live. It was 2008 though, so pretty late in the game.

Sep 20, 2017, 21:40