Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
RIP Holger Czukay
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: RIP Holger Czukay

Sad news indeed. Also, RIP the great Walter Becker :(

Sep 08, 2017, 09:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Irmin Schmidt is the only original member of Can left alive, Malcolm Mooney and Damo Suzuki are still with us but neither of them were long term members like Irmim, Jaki Liebezeit, Holger Czukay and Michael Karoli.

Sep 08, 2017, 20:54

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

You're right about 'Vernal Equinox', what an amazing track! The drumming is incredible.

Sep 09, 2017, 01:44

peturv
183 posts

Yeah, there are definitely some gems in the late Can period - was just listening to Saw Delight today and remember how great/underrated it is.

However, you should avoid Out of Reach unless you are a completionist as it is perplexingly bad - I've tried multiple times to understand that record but I can't find any redeeming thing about it.
I haven't heard Rite Time in years, but as far as I remember there was basically unlistenable - I should give it a listen soon and see if I can appreciate it now (a reunion of Can's original line-up + 80s studio technology could only be awesome or absolutely horrible)

Sep 09, 2017, 16:37

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index