Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Spectrum split 7
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Spectrum split 7

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/discography/1996/SINGLE/spectrumstereolab/

Has anybody ever seen one of these?

Sep 06, 2017, 23:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Spectrum split 7

That is the one release so elusive that I question whether it actually really exists.

That's been listed in discogs for years, and in the old days Tone Burst was one of my favorite songs. I used to watch Ebay for it. Never popped up.

Sep 09, 2017, 14:58

peturv
179 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
That is the one release so elusive that I question whether it actually really exists.

That's been listed in discogs for years, and in the old days Tone Burst was one of my favorite songs. I used to watch Ebay for it. Never popped up.

only 25 copies so I guess this one rarely or never turns up

Sep 09, 2017, 16:38

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

vivakomeda wrote:

For some reason it's always blown my mind that it's on the Silvertone label.

Sep 10, 2017, 23:42

basil too
275 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

I have seen it and heard it. It exists.

Sep 11, 2017, 03:25

vivakomeda
744 posts

Where? How?

Did you actually own this thing?

Sep 11, 2017, 13:34

vivakomeda
744 posts

Why? I'm not familiar

Sep 11, 2017, 13:36

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

I'm assuming that's because it was The Stone Roses' record label. It just seems a bit...incongruous.

For what it's worth I can confirm the existence of the record as I have one. It's a fairly non-descript item, a white label 7" with a colour, photocopied, hand-numbered wraparound sleeve. The Stereolab half simply comprises two demos similar to the Eaten Horizons LP; Tempter is otherwise unreleased while Tone Bust obviously appeared on Refried Ectoplasm, but the version on this single is notable for being slightly longer, having an additional second or two at the beginning where the recorder is turned on and Tim strums a couple of test chords before the song begins properly.

CT

Sep 11, 2017, 14:03

martin
183 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

It exists, I have a copy.
It was originally going to be a show on 7" but Pete became ill and the show didn't happen.
I'd need to check the cat # but I'm pretty certain it was via Silvertone.
There were 3 [possibly 5?] original TPs and then Pete had another handful made with scanned / numbered sleeves.
Pikey

Sep 11, 2017, 14:13

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

basil too wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:

I have seen it and heard it. It exists.

Did it have the groovy sleeve?

Sep 11, 2017, 17:42

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index