Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - To Follow and Lead
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - To Follow and Lead

New stuff from her upcoming album 'The Kid'. She just keeps getting better w/ time...

Sep 10, 2017, 07:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

peturv
180 posts

Re: Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - To Follow and Lead

mirtchevman wrote:
New stuff from her upcoming album 'The Kid'. She just keeps getting better w/ time...

yeah, these new singles are great (a new one out today!)

her last album was one of my favourite from last year, so looking forward to hear the new one in full

Sep 14, 2017, 12:32

peturv
180 posts

NPR is streaming the whole album now, a week before release

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/28/553692113/first-listen-kaitlyn-aurelia-smith-the-kid

Sep 28, 2017, 18:28

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

peturv wrote:
NPR is streaming the whole album now, a week before release

This is pretty solid upon first listen. I know her albums are growers so I'll have to give a couple more goes before I can fully digest it. But sonically it seems to fall neatly between the two previous records - more purposeful than the first, more playful than the last.

I enjoy how the song titles in combination form a poem which I guess is the album's mission statement:

I Am a thought
An Intention
A Kid
In the World
I Am Consumed
In the World, But Not of The World
I Am Learning
To Follow & Lead
Until I Remember
Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am
I Am Curious, I Care
I Will Make Room For You
To Feel Your Best

Oct 01, 2017, 00:33

glitz
88 posts

The visual images are significant.
, as well. The significance of a home base while venturing out to explore new horizons.

Oct 01, 2017, 06:10

peturv
180 posts

mirtchevman wrote:

I enjoy how the song titles in combination form a poem which I guess is the album's mission statement

ha! I hadn't noticed that before. listening again now that it's on Spotify, even better second time around. think I will be playing this a lot in the coming weeks

Oct 06, 2017, 17:17

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Album of the year! [/hyperbole]

Oct 08, 2017, 15:25

jopis3
1 posts

I really like this, i must admit

pożyczka bez bik

Oct 09, 2017, 21:46

jike63
3 posts

That is really interesting

continue reading

Oct 18, 2017, 02:39