Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shameful self-promotion (shift in sound since last I shared--still garbage though!)
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Shameful self-promotion (shift in sound since last I shared--still garbage though!)

Well, my stuff has evolved somewhat but is admittedly sort of stylistically all over the place--just threw together a vaguely 4AD-esque demo that a little voice in my head told me to share here so there you go. Apologies in advance, though posting a song on a nearly-defunct message board is about as close as I get to marketing my output so, yeah...

Sep 19, 2017, 11:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Shameful self-promotion (shift in sound since last I shared--still garbage though!)

I like the atmosphere you made with that, it makes me think of 'Horror Psychedelica' the sort of thing that Ghost Box might release!

Sep 19, 2017, 19:18

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: Shameful self-promotion (shift in sound since last I shared--still garbage though!)

lereostab wrote:

I like the atmosphere you made with that, it makes me think of 'Horror Psychedelica' the sort of thing that Ghost Box might release!

Why thanks! Hadn't thought of the Ghost Box connection but I think you may be onto something (or at the very least I'm flattered).

Sep 21, 2017, 02:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Cool, I especially liked the intro guitar sound.

Sep 23, 2017, 08:14

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Cool, I especially liked the intro guitar sound.

Ha, thanks. It was born of my doing two takes and not being able to decide which was better--so I just kept them both (in stereo).

Been kicking around the idea of doing a bit more of this retro reverby, delay-heavy stuff...maybe even under a different moniker. This is the other one vaguely of that vein (but a super quick demo) that I did a few months back:

Sep 25, 2017, 01:45

postminimal
postminimal
280 posts

Nice job

Sep 29, 2017, 22:46