Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stagnant musically
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5945 posts

Stagnant musically

Hi all, I find myself listening to music less lately and even though I have countless gigabytes of music I can't seem to get excited about much. What is the cure doc?

Nov 15, 2017, 22:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1913 posts

Re: Stagnant musically

Exploration

It's been jazz for me recently

I luckily get to play music at work so I've been doing a lot of steaming jazz. There is a lot of it.

Nov 16, 2017, 01:38

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1228 posts

Re-arrange the furniture in your room.
Get a new haircut.
Head out to more live shows.
Enjoy a good book in total silence.
Consume a mild pot edible and set iTunes to SHUFFLE ALL.

Nov 16, 2017, 07:30

GaryB2
GaryB2
2331 posts

Watch some live vids on youtube of bands you've seen live. Maybe even shows you were at!

Listen to bands/songs that remind you of the first time you fell in love.

Check out any Top 100 Albums of all time list and check out the ones you've never heard.

Search the internet for complete song lists of your fave bands/artists and get the ones you don't have (I recently discovered a few New Order tracks I didn't know - what a revelation!).

Nov 16, 2017, 23:12

matthew6
matthew6
1913 posts

Go to Frenchmen street in New Orleans to hear some of the best live music in the world.

Nov 17, 2017, 00:32

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5945 posts

Thanks guys. Replace edible with beer, and I could zone out on shuffle which might actually be a good idea, different connections to songs. Still like to listen to albums straight through the most though.

Love a lot of these ideas. I also listen to something I saved on youtube and then go listen to some of the things that come up on the side. I need to explore, and get spoiled when people just tell me, here, listen to this.

Nov 17, 2017, 03:13

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1228 posts

Hell yeah! My friends and I did that last year. We wandered into some bar with maybe six or seven other folks in the audience and watched a jaw-dropping set by a killer young jazz band. The reputation there is well-earned.

Nov 17, 2017, 03:17

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1228 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
...people just tell me, here, listen to this.

Perhaps this?

Nov 17, 2017, 03:33

peturv
189 posts

go back to the source of your interest in music!

listen to those records you heard when you were young and got you first excited about music - it might spark something

Nov 17, 2017, 10:46

jorbel
330 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
...people just tell me, here, listen to this.

Perhaps this?

Love that.

I'd say use multiple sources of music, like YouTube, Bandcamp, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. To me each of them embodies a certain feel about music. With me this works perfectly.

Nov 17, 2017, 11:51

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index