Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Another compare and contrast
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
148 posts

Another compare and contrast

Have some spare time at the moment that I have been using to clean up my poorly tagged music library and came across this which I hadn't listened to properly before and which made my ears prick up:

I can't find a link to any video that isn't blocked in the UK but is anyone else hearing Prisoner of Mars?

CT

Nov 23, 2017, 14:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

peturv
207 posts

Re: Another compare and contrast

wow this is amazing! is this from a library record?

it's definitely very lab sounding

Nov 24, 2017, 00:40

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5979 posts

For sure, or something else I can't put my finger on. Very cool.

Nov 26, 2017, 06:08

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2164 posts

Nice! Yeah, definitely reminds me of something or other. The melody at the beginning is indeed reminiscent of part of the tune from Prisoner of Mars. Dig the "Easy Rider" inspired cover. I don't think this song was in that movie though? I remember the OST back to front, the LP was always a big fave at gatherings in my younger days! "Rooooolllll anuther one...." :D

Nov 26, 2017, 17:14