Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Trip to London, UK in March
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
341 posts

Trip to London, UK in March

I tried to post the other day but the forum was having issues. Anyhow, great to see it back. I thought it had died. Anyhow, my wife and I are visiting London in March. We are going to do a bunch of touristy stuff like the London Tower, Westminster Abbey, and The London Eye. Just wondering what clubs we could go traverse to in order to see some good local indie rock. Also, where are some cool record stores and areas are good for shopping? It would be cool to find some folks in a pub to chat about all the great bands from England I love like Stereolab, Lush, Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, and other shoegaze but I imagine there are just as many of those fans state-side as there are across the pond.

Jan 30, 2018, 01:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1931 posts

Re: Trip to London, UK in March

Abbey Road?

Jan 30, 2018, 01:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5983 posts

Cool! Have a great time!

Jan 30, 2018, 05:03

GaryB2
GaryB2
2340 posts

vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
I tried to post the other day but the forum was having issues. Anyhow, great to see it back. I thought it had died. Anyhow, my wife and I are visiting London in March. We are going to do a bunch of touristy stuff like the London Tower, Westminster Abbey, and The London Eye. Just wondering what clubs we could go traverse to in order to see some good local indie rock. Also, where are some cool record stores and areas are good for shopping? It would be cool to find some folks in a pub to chat about all the great bands from England I love like Stereolab, Lush, Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, and other shoegaze but I imagine there are just as many of those fans state-side as there are across the pond.

FYI Cocteau Twins are Scottish mate.

England ≠ The UK.

:)

Feb 02, 2018, 21:03

peturv
218 posts

I have been in London for a couple of years now, but I have to admit that I do not really know the best places to go for local indie rock ... there are so many places here with music happening. My friends who are in indie bands sometimes play The Lexington, so you might want to check that out, it is a smallish venue, that sometimes attracts more known artists, Laetitia played there recently. Londonears is a great website to see what shows are happening, but mostly bigger indie acts.

For record shopping Berwick Street in Soho is a good place to start, Sister Ray and Reckless Records are basically across the street from each other. Also around the corner are Phonica Records, Sounds of the Universe and If Music, mostly jazz. There are also plenty of shops around there for non-music related stuff.
If you find yourself in Shoreditch you can also check out Rough Trade East, I tend to find it a bit overpriced but they a good varied selection, Sister Ray Ace and Flashback Records are also close by. Old Spitalfields Market is also there and they regularly have record fairs.
And if you are willing to head out from central London there are some good small stores all over the place, like Lucky Seven in Stoke Newington and Rat Records in Peckham ... and probably lots more that I do not know about

Feb 23, 2018, 14:31

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index