+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

Trip to London, UK in March
16 messages
View: flat \ threaded

199 posts

Re: Trip to London, UK in March

I have been in London for a couple of years now, but I have to admit that I do not really know the best places to go for local indie rock ... there are so many places here with music happening. My friends who are in indie bands sometimes play The Lexington, so you might want to check that out, it is a smallish venue, that sometimes attracts more known artists, Laetitia played there recently. Londonears is a great website to see what shows are happening, but mostly bigger indie acts.

For record shopping Berwick Street in Soho is a good place to start, Sister Ray and Reckless Records are basically across the street from each other. Also around the corner are Phonica Records, Sounds of the Universe and If Music, mostly jazz. There are also plenty of shops around there for non-music related stuff.
If you find yourself in Shoreditch you can also check out Rough Trade East, I tend to find it a bit overpriced but they a good varied selection, Sister Ray Ace and Flashback Records are also close by. Old Spitalfields Market is also there and they regularly have record fairs.
And if you are willing to head out from central London there are some good small stores all over the place, like Lucky Seven in Stoke Newington and Rat Records in Peckham ... and probably lots more that I do not know about

Feb 23, 2018, 14:31

Topic Outline: