Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

martin
183 posts

Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

Dear All,
It's over for the moment, we have had to cancel the last two shows that we were scheduled to play and there are no plans to record new tracks.
Duophonic are working on the release of Chemical Chords 2, we also have plans for a new Switched On and remastering of the back catalogue.
We are are all going to have a bit of a rest now after nearly 19 years and work on a few other projects.
The website will still be updated and disks released but there won't be any new Stereolab product for a while.
Cheerio
Pikey

Apr 02, 2009, 07:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

I'm extremely sad to hear it. I so look forward to everything they do together. A day after seeing them live, I am thinking about and looking forward to seeing them the next time.

I appreciate you updating us Pikey. It's a bit different than the optimism when we spoke in SF. I did have a bit of a feeling when I saw the schedule that it was so heavy, how could anyone keep it up, especially with Monade playing before the lab. I hope that after getting a good rest they'll decide to make more music together. I'm cryin a little inside right now.

I hope to see you in person again soon Pikey with another band you might be working with. I've always enjoyed talking with you.

I love Stereolab and always will.

Apr 02, 2009, 07:20

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Thanks for letting us know. Now can you go and tell Broadcast to pull their fingers out?!?!?!

Apr 02, 2009, 07:23

mathieu
mathieu
176 posts

dommage !!!!!!

Apr 02, 2009, 07:37

martin
183 posts

Hey Thomas
The Broadcast finger is nearly out so keep 'em peeled.
Pikey

Apr 02, 2009, 08:04

martin
183 posts

Hi Sue,
Might see you towards the end of the year - Taken By Trees will have a new disk out and there might be Atlas Sound and Broadcast within the next year as well.
See you soon
Pikey

Apr 02, 2009, 08:06

vivakomeda
746 posts

well this is sad, but will make it easier to reflect on all the great years gone by. looking forward to what's to come from gane/sadier - no doubt we'll more from both.

Apr 02, 2009, 08:33

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Excellent!! now I'm excited.

Apr 02, 2009, 09:05

3narf
9 posts

Heartfelt best wishes to The Groop.

You are No1 and always will be!

Apr 02, 2009, 09:07

massimiliano
13 posts

viva stereolab.

Apr 02, 2009, 10:32

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index