Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

'Sorry to hear it, but the signs were everywhere. Someone better put those poor South Americans on suicide watch! Already looking forward to the reunion. 'Hoping you can all make the most of your time off. Know, you guys are dearly loved the world over, I'm sure you do.

Apr 02, 2009, 12:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Well, that's sad, but I wouldn't want them to be unhappy.
Bon Voyage Stereolab!

Apr 02, 2009, 12:40

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I hope everyone has a nice rest, they deserve it! Looking forward to the new material.

Apr 02, 2009, 12:59

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Bye bye Stereolab, nice knowing you. They were a great 11 concerts I got to witness (spanning 6 different cities), wish I could look forward to 11 more, but I have a feeling this is the end.

Apr 02, 2009, 13:10

murilix
murilix
87 posts

Hahahahaha, "suicide watch" are definitely the words... Now I'm twice glad that I went to San Francisco and LA to see them.

Still, I believe the moment for the return of Stereolab was the Sound Dust tour. The record had been released in Brazil and the fans were still mesmerized by their 2000 shows. "Abril pro Rock" would surely have been a blast, but I was fearing the Sao Paulo gigs wouldn't bring so much public unless the band were willing to do some hard promoting...

I think it's a pity the band is making this pause at this moment because I really believe the band was "cooking" now, I could see the next tour being more relaxed. The last tour was far from being the groop at its best but there was definitely potential.

One thing I was going to suggest if I had the chance to speak to Leatitia or Tim was, "How about a record of covers"? That would surely put less presure on Tim-the composer, would be pure fun ad with some clever choices (not necessarily a sell-out) the band could attract even more followers and be able to do a couple of tours on it. Well, maybe when they're back.

Apr 02, 2009, 13:18

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

"...This is the end, beautiful friend..." We know how much Tim loves Jim Morrison

Apr 02, 2009, 13:18

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

I am VERY sad to hear this. I certainly hope you're right about it being a pause, and not really the end, but I guess only time can tell.

At least I may be consoled by the last releases, along with Monade and whatever other side-projects may pop up.

Man, I'm getting old... losing the things I love. First Phil Hartman, then Mary's tragedy, then George Carlin, then The Creatures with Siouxsie & Budgie divorcing, and now this. OK, maybe not as old as some others, but still.

Apr 02, 2009, 14:25

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Damn. . .hope it's just a pause :(

Please advise,
Cybele

Apr 02, 2009, 14:55

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

We love the groop and always will. Here's to hoping the time off will be restful and that we will hear new and exciting music from them in the future. All the best to Tim & Laetitia and Simon & Andy and those who've played with the band, past and present.

noise

Apr 02, 2009, 15:06

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

every good thing must eventually come to an end, right? and man, has it been good...

Apr 02, 2009, 16:20

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index