Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

btw...

martin, we're very glad you decided to post this the day after april fool's, otherwise we would never have believed you!

Apr 02, 2009, 16:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I Do Not Accept This

I'd like to have a word with Laetitia and Tim please. . .

Cybele

Apr 02, 2009, 16:57

guero
170 posts

Re: I Do Not Accept This

sad sad news!

But good news that Broadcast have found their fingers again!

Apr 02, 2009, 17:08

mlydle
21 posts

martin wrote:
Dear All,
It's over for the moment, we have had to cancel the last two shows that we were scheduled to play and there are no plans to record new tracks.
Duophonic are working on the release of Chemical Chords 2, we also have plans for a new Switched On and remastering of the back catalogue.
We are are all going to have a bit of a rest now after nearly 19 years and work on a few other projects.
The website will still be updated and disks released but there won't be any new Stereolab product for a while.
Cheerio
Pikey

What I gather from what's said is that Stereolab currently has no plans for any further music, tours, etc..... A temporary "split" or "breakup"?? Let's hope it's the exhaustion from touring for such a long time, and that time will energize them to do something at a later date.... I saw them here in Austin, Tx at the beginning of the tour and that seemed like such a long time ago, and their still touring. Or, were.

Apr 02, 2009, 17:46

Paulkaiju
Paulkaiju
9 posts

Good for them, sort of bad for us.

But, this last tour seemed more like a draggy day at work rather than actually enjoying themselves. More like a job and less of an adventure.

I think it's well deserved.

Apr 02, 2009, 18:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

this is very untypical of the lab. enjoy the rest. hurry back we'll all miss you guys.

Apr 02, 2009, 18:26

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: /Intermission/

30 minutes

Apr 02, 2009, 18:27

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
this is very untypical of the lab. enjoy the rest. hurry back we'll all miss you guys.

You're still alive!

Apr 02, 2009, 18:46

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

wait a minute. this all just sank in this is some kind of a notice. how does this apply to me? does this mean as partime forum participant I've been put on notice???? what about my livlihood here?? Is this just a break or is this just this the end? Is Broadcast hiring forumites? How am I to take this news? what about "get a shot of the refridgerator" and all that jazz. are those days over? I can't exist. I simply can't exist. Provisions and accommodations must be made for all members here of the forum and the stereolab school of music and theatre and art and science. what about us students of the academy. what about our projects? What about the nurturing hand the groop provides in regards to my worlds greatest songwriter/composer career????? what's a groopie to do? what about the stories and the blessings, the laughs, the DREAMS, for the love of god!!
I know you hate each other but you LOVE us!! Have we failed, yes we have failed, I have failed to provide love sufficient, are you thinking with your hearts instead of your heads?
You have taken the allstar alltime greatest GREATEST rock group of all time BLOOD AND BREATH AND SWEAT oath. YOU CANNOT BREAK UP> you've been to outer space for gods sake. you're the greatest rock group of all time. you cannot do this. peace be with you.
slushy

Apr 02, 2009, 19:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

not for much longer
see below.
how are you holding up?

this is all my fault.
100 %
I've been a terrible fan this year; as much grace the groop has bestowed on me, I should take my own life.
kidding.
maybe this is one elaborate gag to see if I will kill myself. to test my devotion. I better go through with it. okay. tonight I'll make a half assed suicide attempt damn it. damn it. I know they are doing this on purpose. maybe I'll write some songs in a suicidal state and post them here tommorow.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:09

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index