Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Thanks for everything, the 'Lab!!!!

See you in the by and by!

Apr 02, 2009, 19:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

who is going to write songs for me??

really? now that the worlds greatest rock band has written songs for me where do I go from here. I'll tell you nowhere. All I can do is pray. god this can not be the end. what will I do? Are they even thinking of us? Us poor pathetic beings with nothing special about us to whom stereolab has taken notice and made us feel special ??? I can't believe this.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:40

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

now, now, now....don't do anything rash. It's not abot you.

I'm holding up fine.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:42

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Stereolab changed the way i hear music and inspired me in many areas of life. i'm sorry it has come to this, but there's nothing that can be done about it. i look forward to all of the solo projects to come. i'll have to live in the past, remembering that day i first heard Stereolab and how it absolutely blew me away. Thanks.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:46

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

Re: Thanks for everything, the 'Lab!!!!

What Cheeso said.

Sad news, but not totally unexpected.

I'm glad now I made the effort to see the groop twice in 2008 (in which they were as good as they ever were live).

Thank you for your wonderful legacy. And looking forward to CC2 obv.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:46

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Stereolab changed the way i hear music and inspired me in many areas of life. i'm sorry it has come to this, but there's nothing that can be done about it. i look forward to all of the solo projects to come. i'll have to live in the past, remembering that day i first heard Stereolab and how it absolutely blew me away. Thanks.

I feel like it's the end of an era... I think we will look back more fondly now.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:47

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:

I feel like it's the end of an era... I think we will look back more fondly now.

i guess so. think of all the bands that kept going, but there's only one era of their sound that you actually like. aside from Transient, it was all good stuff from Stereolab. ;)

Apr 02, 2009, 19:51

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
wait a minute. this all just sank in this is some kind of a notice. how does this apply to me? does this mean as partime forum participant I've been put on notice???? what about my livlihood here?? Is this just a break or is this just this the end? Is Broadcast hiring forumites? How am I to take this news? what about "get a shot of the refridgerator" and all that jazz. are those days over? I can't exist. I simply can't exist. Provisions and accommodations must be made for all members here of the forum and the stereolab school of music and theatre and art and science. what about us students of the academy. what about our projects? What about the nurturing hand the groop provides in regards to my worlds greatest songwriter/composer career????? what's a groopie to do? what about the stories and the blessings, the laughs, the DREAMS, for the love of god!!
I know you hate each other but you LOVE us!! Have we failed, yes we have failed, I have failed to provide love sufficient, are you thinking with your hearts instead of your heads?
You have taken the allstar alltime greatest GREATEST rock group of all time BLOOD AND BREATH AND SWEAT oath. YOU CANNOT BREAK UP> you've been to outer space for gods sake. you're the greatest rock group of all time. you cannot do this. peace be with you.
slushy

this has to rank as the best goodbye i've ever read... i think i'll shed a tear.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:52

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

this is a test of my devotion.
I was a horrible fan.
we have failed to appease the lab.
why should fucking bon jovi persevere and the lab not survive? I DON'T THINK SO!
It's all our fault. I won't kill myself. I will pray.

Apr 02, 2009, 19:57

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

my only hope in the world
I guess i'll have to finally learn to rely upon god rather than rock and roll.
Is that what you want stereolab?

Apr 02, 2009, 20:12

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index