Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

believers?

Apr 02, 2009, 20:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

alex ape
alex ape
24 posts

the groops music has been with me since 93 when i first heard french disko on john peel and hardly a day has passed when i haven't listened to a little bit of 'lab.

thanks for all the many many joyous musical moments and i wish everyone involved over the past 19 years all the best for the future.

stereolab really opened my ears and for that i thank you from the bottom of my lobes!

good luck and bon voyage but come back when your all good and ready.

Apr 02, 2009, 20:14

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
my only hope in the world
I guess i'll have to finally learn to rely upon god rather than rock and roll.
Is that what you want stereolab?

Good luck with that. This proves there's no god, hahaha.
Stereolab have answered all my prayers (until now, it seems), but 'god' hasn't answered a damn one. I'm still waiting for my superman cape I prayed every night for when I was about 3 or 4.

Hmmm... maybe they broke up because we made a god mad by not praying hard enough, or not to the right one? j/k

;)

Apr 02, 2009, 20:20

Jacques_de_Yorks
3 posts

A quick message of gratitide

If this really is it, and the members of Stereolab really read this, I'd like to extend my thanks for making me REALLY happy and delerious with pleasure through listening to the music.

Thank you/Merci.

A Yorkshireman in Germany.

Apr 02, 2009, 20:59

Jacques_de_Yorks
3 posts

A quick message of gratitude

If this really is it, and the members of Stereolab really read this, I'd like to extend my thanks for making me REALLY happy and delerious with pleasure through listening to the music.

Thank you/Merci.

Apr 02, 2009, 20:59

mlydle
21 posts

Re: A quick message of gratitude

Jacques_de_Yorks wrote:

Thank you/Merci.

Yea, sometimes I wonder if the members of Stereolab REALLY know how much their music means to some people. Like how I sometimes listen to Fluorescences whenever I'm going to a anxiety provoking situations.....it puts me so at ease, or how I listen to Dots and Loops when I want to chill, or when........

Apr 02, 2009, 21:04

Jacques_de_Yorks
3 posts

Re: A quick message of gratitude

It's been a long time though... maybe they've just had enough.

Still, nice sentiment in your message. Stereolab songs indeed make me feel different to music from other groups/artists. Other worldly, in fact.

Apr 02, 2009, 21:12

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

oh kiss me and smile for me tell me that you'll wait for me...blah
I'm leaving on a jet plane
don't know when I'll be back again

Apr 02, 2009, 21:31

vega
vega
492 posts

I would just like to thank Pikey and the groop for the years and years of wonderful fun music which many of us will continue to listen to for years and years to come.

Best wishes for all your future creative endeavours.

a fan

Apr 03, 2009, 00:02

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

How sad...

I guess we are all getting older, had a good run - time to move on to other ventures. For me, it was never quite the same after the tragedy in 2001. A vital ingredient was lost, although there has been great music since.

I would like to thank Martin and the band for all those excellent albums and gigs. Look forward to Chemical Chords 2 and another Switched On.

If Laetitia gets bored maybe she can sing all over the next High Llamas album? It's a good fit.

Apr 03, 2009, 00:36

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index