Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

demophobya
demophobya
13 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

Woh, I'm little bit devastated... Thanx for all.

Apr 03, 2009, 02:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mlydle
21 posts

demophobya wrote:
Woh, I'm little bit devastated... Thanx for all.

Guys and Girls, I think that we might be overreacting just a bit. They just got over a lllllllllllooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg tour (maybe an overzealous tour) and the official word is that they need a break, maybe 1-2 year break.

Apr 03, 2009, 02:39

JS
JS
489 posts

Stereolab,

I want you to do what's best for you. I will keep on checking about you and your members. Your music has been a part of my life since many years, and I will probably keep on listening to you for the rest of my life, no matter what you decide to do. Thank you for all the great music.

Apr 03, 2009, 07:58

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

At times like this, the only decent thing to do, is make a playlist:-

the good Old Times

RIP Stereolab

Three-Dee Melodie
Wow and Flutter
Des ?toiles Electroniques
Ping Pong
International Colouring Contest
Metronomic Underground
Les Yper-Sound
Tomorrow Is Already Here
Slow Fast Hazel
Miss Modular
Rainbo Conversation
People Do It All the Time
Infinity Girl
Come and Play in the Milky Night
Pop Quiz
How to Play Your Internal Organs Overnight
New Orthophony
Theme from Get Carter
Fluorescences
Allures
Young Lungs
Pain et Spectacles
Nomus et Phusis
I Feel the Air (Of Another Planet)
One Note Samba-Surfboard
Hallucinex
Double Rocker
Super-Electric
Nothing to Do With Me
St Elmo's Fire (Radio edit)
Escape Pod (From the World of Medical Observations)
French Disco
Vonal Declosion
Margerine Melodie
Feel and Triple

Apr 03, 2009, 09:58

vivakomeda
744 posts

How to Play Your Internal Organs Overnight

One of many, many classics I look forward to rediscovering...

Apr 03, 2009, 11:13

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Sad news. But hey, I suppose it's a wise decision. I'm not sure how many bands could carry on for two decades and not feel the fire going out. Too bad I never got a chance to see them live. I almost came close twice: when they were playing in Russia, but I could not go because it would have taken too long to get a visa for Russian entry. And then when they were playing in London last December, some friend of a friend of mine wanted to sell his tix to someone else and I volunteered, but it turned out that the plane tickets were impossible to change over at the same affordable price level, so I gave up. Damn!

All the best for Pikey and band members.

Apr 03, 2009, 12:02

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

im sad............

Apr 03, 2009, 12:40

looka1980
2 posts

Very sad to hear it... I'll miss them... hope to listen to "chemical chords 2" and new switched on soon...

Apr 03, 2009, 12:47

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

seemed kind of apropos...

Apr 03, 2009, 14:29

k.
k.
407 posts

This is actually a day of celebration, for me. No need to mourn the news. The Groop has always been such a bright and influential entity. I'm pretty thankful to them for that. Really, they deserve a standing o. I mean, coming back from Mary's loss and the tough times at the start of the decade, putting out new material and touring even as their interpersonal dynamic changed... it's really a bonus to us all. Even if I wasn't all that moved by the new material of the last few years, I'm thankful that they carried on for as long as they did.

Apr 03, 2009, 15:18

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index