Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

Sorry to hear that you never got the chance to see them live, bro.

Apr 03, 2009, 16:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

k. wrote:
This is actually a day of celebration, for me. No need to mourn the news. The Groop has always been such a bright and influential entity. I'm pretty thankful to them for that. Really, they deserve a standing o. I mean, coming back from Mary's loss and the tough times at the start of the decade, putting out new material and touring even as their interpersonal dynamic changed... it's really a bonus to us all. Even if I wasn't all that moved by the new material of the last few years, I'm thankful that they carried on for as long as they did.

I'm thankful too. Any mourning that goes on is also a tribute to how much we appreciate them.

Apr 03, 2009, 16:45

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Got here late, so all the old stuff is still new to me. Maybe by the time I've loved on all of the music the groop will be refreshed and ready to relase some new sounds. Have spent some time looking for new music by other bands and not always so pleased with what I'm hearing, but one thing is for sure...Stereolab always gives me satisfaction! Luv you Stereolab!

Apr 03, 2009, 17:07

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

i need to say this in my language

Gracias stereolab por ampliar mi horizonte musical, gracias por darme tan buenos momentos escuchando sus canciones, gracias por llenar de felicidad muchos momentos de mi vida.
Una de mis metas era verlos en vivo por lo menos una vez y no lo pude lograr... Pero los discos estan alli y la m?sica no acabar?.

Thank you so much stereolab. Love from venezuela.

Apr 04, 2009, 02:27

mellotron
mellotron
154 posts

It's interesting that everyone is taking this as "Stereolab has broken up and will never record or play live again." Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like they were making it pretty explicit in the subject line that this is not a definite or permanent state of affairs, this is probably just a cessation of activity for a while. Let's have a little optimism here, folks!

Anyway, I regret never seeing them live. I'm relatively new to their music and they didn't come here during the last tour. For that, I'm kinda sad but hopeful they might tour again, at least in some other incarnation (I'd catch a Monade or "Tim Gaine Experiment" show in a heartbeat!)

I'm looking forward to whatever Duophonic puts out in the next few years and I wish everyone in the Groop well. I hope they accomplish as much as they need to while not being Stereolab as they did as Stereolab.

And yes, to the powers that be - PLEASE keep us informed about any Groop-related releases coming up!

Apr 04, 2009, 03:30

k.
k.
407 posts

thomas2 wrote:

Three-Dee Melodie
Wow and Flutter

Des ?toiles Electroniques
Ping Pong

International Colouring Contest

OK, I'll play MAQ from start to finish.

Apr 06, 2009, 11:43

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Crikey.

Looks like I missed the sad news the other day :(

If the group have had enough of things for the moment, then fair play to them. Hopefully this is just a "hiatus" though, even a really long one if need be? If it does turn out to be more like the end for the groop, then in my opinion they leave behind one of the best back catalogues in recent times.....I can't think of many other modern bands who have been so prolific and remained consistently great for such a long spell.

I went through a period of several years where my standard answer to the question "who's your favourite band?" was always immediately "Stereolab". Getting into Stereolab also had the effect of acting as a "gateway" for me to seek out lots of new (mainly older) sounds I might not have investigated otherwise.

For now, I look forward to hearing CC part 2, as well as any future projects from either the groop or related offshoots (especially more Monade.....)

Thankyou Stereolab! x

Apr 08, 2009, 01:34

Slimboy Fat
3 posts

Au reviour?

"We are are all going to have a bit of a rest now after nearly 19 years and work on a few other projects."

Martin, I think the groop and you have earned it. :-) All those albums, singles, gigs and er umbrellas really were great, truly something special. I'm sure Stereolab's reputatation will only be enhanced by their absence.

Best of luck for all your futures,

Leigh from Reading.

Apr 10, 2009, 19:21

astro_jose
astro_jose
32 posts

You guys completely deserve it having played for so long and making us all happy without stopping, but be sure that i will miss you like a mad mad man!
Stereolab's music always elevates me so easily and i've stopped wondering if i someday i will get tired but no! apparently some things are impossible!
I'm also very happy that you're still giving us another record and the switched-on project makes my ears water when i think of it! 'cause those are my favorites!
So thank you so much for making me so happy with all those notes.

Apr 15, 2009, 12:31

MY RETURN
1963 posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:(

Apr 15, 2009, 23:03

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index