Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

Hey - all good things must come to an end. I really thought the band was done after Mary died; then after Marginal Eclipse, but they cranked out 2 more records. It's really dificult for a band to maintain such good quality after 18 years; it just has not been done. This band did things that few bands have done; other than say REM, Cure, Rush, U2, and Cocteau Twins; put out solid record after solid record. I guess the real tough spot for me is how much better they had become live. It's just hard to imagine Tim w/ another singer; this duo of the 2 is so unique. I'd say the best guitar/female singer duo since C. Twins.

Apr 16, 2009, 03:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

crest
crest
63 posts

agreed - sad at the hiatus, but really looking forward to CC2 - even more than the first one

Apr 16, 2009, 12:44

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY RETURN wrote:
:(

Is that bellowed in your best Darth Vader voice?

Apr 16, 2009, 15:48

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
It's really dificult for a band to maintain such good quality after 18 years; it just has not been done.
I think the quality has been good after 18 years. And no matter what they do in the future, I think it will be quality work. I just hope the combined efforts will happen again, as it's a magical formula and we love it.

Apr 16, 2009, 15:59

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

A million thanks to the Lab for all their truly magic music over the years and all the best with your various future projects. (sigh!)

Apr 16, 2009, 16:10

demophobya
demophobya
13 posts

Yep, it felt like if my girlfriend ended our relationship... oh, wait, she did.

Apr 17, 2009, 04:37

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

demophobya wrote:
Yep, it felt like if my girlfriend ended our relationship... oh, wait, she did.

:(

Apr 17, 2009, 11:10

demophobya
demophobya
13 posts

Yeh, but somehow I'll find another... maybe I will not find another 'lab...

Apr 18, 2009, 04:05

aqui_vivia_yo
4 posts

Just heared the bad news. Well, everything has been said in the other posts, so the only thing left is to wait for their comeback. Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks for every song.

Apr 21, 2009, 13:19

augustus
augustus
54 posts

Goodness

gracious - I look away for a minute and look what happens!

Well I am very sorry to hear it but I do understand - people need a change sometimes and I think some great groups such as the Beatles and Led Zeppelin could have kept going if they had had periodic sabbaticals rather than being forced to stay on the treadmill.

I am really pleased to see the break being framed as temporary rather than permanent. The core members of the groop work together so well that it would be a same if they didn't work together again.

Laura and I had a beautiful baby boy, James Augustus Darling on 21 January - yesterday was his third month birthday. He is utterly gorgeous and it has all worked out really well. Some pictures of him are on my Facebook site.

best to all

P

Apr 22, 2009, 12:02

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index