Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
85 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

murilix
murilix
87 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

Hahahahaha, "suicide watch" are definitely the words... Now I'm twice glad that I went to San Francisco and LA to see them.

Still, I believe the moment for the return of Stereolab was the Sound Dust tour. The record had been released in Brazil and the fans were still mesmerized by their 2000 shows. "Abril pro Rock" would surely have been a blast, but I was fearing the Sao Paulo gigs wouldn't bring so much public unless the band were willing to do some hard promoting...

I think it's a pity the band is making this pause at this moment because I really believe the band was "cooking" now, I could see the next tour being more relaxed. The last tour was far from being the groop at its best but there was definitely potential.

One thing I was going to suggest if I had the chance to speak to Leatitia or Tim was, "How about a record of covers"? That would surely put less presure on Tim-the composer, would be pure fun ad with some clever choices (not necessarily a sell-out) the band could attract even more followers and be able to do a couple of tours on it. Well, maybe when they're back.

Apr 02, 2009, 13:18

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: