Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
85 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mellotron
mellotron
154 posts

Re: Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather

It's interesting that everyone is taking this as "Stereolab has broken up and will never record or play live again." Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like they were making it pretty explicit in the subject line that this is not a definite or permanent state of affairs, this is probably just a cessation of activity for a while. Let's have a little optimism here, folks!

Anyway, I regret never seeing them live. I'm relatively new to their music and they didn't come here during the last tour. For that, I'm kinda sad but hopeful they might tour again, at least in some other incarnation (I'd catch a Monade or "Tim Gaine Experiment" show in a heartbeat!)

I'm looking forward to whatever Duophonic puts out in the next few years and I wish everyone in the Groop well. I hope they accomplish as much as they need to while not being Stereolab as they did as Stereolab.

And yes, to the powers that be - PLEASE keep us informed about any Groop-related releases coming up!

Apr 04, 2009, 03:30

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: