Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hiatus/Sabbatical/Pause/Intermission/Breather
85 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Crikey.

Looks like I missed the sad news the other day :(

If the group have had enough of things for the moment, then fair play to them. Hopefully this is just a "hiatus" though, even a really long one if need be? If it does turn out to be more like the end for the groop, then in my opinion they leave behind one of the best back catalogues in recent times.....I can't think of many other modern bands who have been so prolific and remained consistently great for such a long spell.

I went through a period of several years where my standard answer to the question "who's your favourite band?" was always immediately "Stereolab". Getting into Stereolab also had the effect of acting as a "gateway" for me to seek out lots of new (mainly older) sounds I might not have investigated otherwise.

For now, I look forward to hearing CC part 2, as well as any future projects from either the groop or related offshoots (especially more Monade.....)

Thankyou Stereolab! x

Apr 08, 2009, 01:34

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: