Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Toronto 10-08-08
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Toronto 10-08-08

Monade was waaaaaaaay better then last time.

Le Loup did very very very different takes on their album versions. and neglected some of the better songs from the album.

Stereolab was Pretty much the same as Montreal set. I just dont rememeber Two finger Symphony. I might be wrong on that one tho.

Was his name Julian? On keyboards/backups? He was Amazing!!!

Is it wrong that i want him to wear a dress on stage?

Oct 09, 2008, 15:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

Re: Toronto 10-08-08

Julien Gasc is his name, and he worked with Laetitia on the current Monade album. He is no Mary Hansen, but he brings life to songs that need those backing harmonies. He is a heck of a keyboard player for sure.

I don't know that he'd look all that good in drag though. He'd definitely need a good shave.

Oct 09, 2008, 17:43

DCypher2
107 posts

Agreed! Julien is quite cute, but he is ok the way he is, forget the silly dress idea :)
And he does an amazing job at doing the back vocals, and playing keys. Defintely a keeper!!
He's quite nice to, we talked briefly after the Montreal show.

Oct 09, 2008, 18:20

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

He is the one band member I did not get the chance to chat with when I saw the band's first two shows of the tour in Southern California. Before the Costa Mesa show, I first chatted with Andy Ramsay, and then with Tim Gane. I had a breif word with Joe Watson after the show. Outside the venue, I got to meet Laetitia for the first time, and she allowed me to have our picture taken together. She looks sensational. She has gotten hotter as she has gotten older. That's not supposed to happen!

The next night in Pomona, I got to talk with Simon Johns for quite a bit, and then Laetitia came over and hung out. The entire band is very friendly, althougth I would say Tim is quite shy and reserved.

Oct 09, 2008, 20:07