Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cool Sleeve Similarities!
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

bemo
bemo
60 posts

Re: Cool Sleeve Similarities!

Wow! I'd never seen this before. Obviously realised what it looked like straight away but I've never seen this before. I'm trying to imagine what sort of music it is. Australian / Japanese prog rock? 1972? No doubt totally wrong and I should no doubt have heard of it, but that's what it should be, surely. Well done for keeping our minds off the sad news. I'm currently deaf having seen Earth playing last night. They were superb.

Apr 05, 2009, 20:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

bemo wrote:
I'm currently deaf having seen Earth playing last night. They were superb.

Is that the same Earth as did "The Bees made honey in the Lion's skull"?

~8^)>

Apr 05, 2009, 20:12

bemo
bemo
60 posts

revox wrote:
bemo wrote:

~8^)>

It sure is...

Apr 05, 2009, 20:13

revox
revox
800 posts

bemo wrote:
revox wrote:
bemo wrote:

~8^)>

It sure is...

Cool. Any good?

~8^)>

Apr 05, 2009, 20:27

bemo
bemo
60 posts

Cool. Any good?

~8^)>[/quote]

Oh yeah. Just an amazing sound really. You could feel it as much as hear it. Really slowed down and sparse but you could really get lost in it. Very nice tunes and of course, instrumental. There were two mediocre support bands but I avoided them by smoking. Bought a nice tour CD and had a chat with a couple of Earthlings. Very nice bunch. Have you heard the latest album?

Apr 05, 2009, 20:55

revox
revox
800 posts

bemo wrote:

Cool. Any good?

~8^)>

Oh yeah. Just an amazing sound really. You could feel it as much as hear it. Really slowed down and sparse but you could really get lost in it. Very nice tunes and of course, instrumental. There were two mediocre support bands but I avoided them by smoking. Bought a nice tour CD and had a chat with a couple of Earthlings. Very nice bunch. Have you heard the latest album?

[/quote]

Hm, yeah, they come across as a very 'physical' group, lots of gut hitting stuff, I get that just from listening to 'Lion's skull' - it's the only thing of theirs I've really got into, is the latest similar?

~8^)>

Apr 05, 2009, 21:02

bemo
bemo
60 posts

Hm, yeah, they come across as a very 'physical' group, lots of gut hitting stuff, I get that just from listening to 'Lion's skull' - it's the only thing of theirs I've really got into, is the latest similar?

~8^)>[/quote]

Well, that is their latest actually. Apart from the tour CD. The last three albums have been along similar sonic lines. The ones before are the ones that people such as Sunn O))) are obsessed with. 10 minutes sludgy drones etc. They've become cleaner with age. Both musically and physically according to Dylan Carlson the main dude. Obviously it's not exactly Stereolab but I like it. I have fairly varied tastes.

Apr 05, 2009, 21:09

revox
revox
800 posts

bemo wrote:

~8^)>

Well, that is their latest actually. Apart from the tour CD. The last three albums have been along similar sonic lines. The ones before are the ones that people such as Sunn O))) are obsessed with. 10 minutes sludgy drones etc. They've become cleaner with age. Both musically and physically according to Dylan Carlson the main dude. Obviously it's not exactly Stereolab but I like it. I have fairly varied tastes.

[/quote]

Yeah, I've heard the earlier stuff and it just doesn't gel with me; it's clear that Lion's skull is the cleaner stuff. GaryB recommended Fu*KButtons, I love their sound, but the vox just switch my off button - hope they do a vox free press.

~8^)>

Apr 05, 2009, 21:14

bemo
bemo
60 posts

Yeah, I've heard the earlier stuff and it just doesn't gel with me; it's clear that Lion's skull is the cleaner stuff. GaryB recommended Fu*KButtons, I love their sound, but the vox just switch my off button - hope they do a vox free press.

~8^)>[/quote]

I prefer the new stuff too. It's worth listening to "Hex - Or Printing in the Infernal Method" though. That's the first one with the new sound. I know what you mean about FBs. The vocals are pretty off-putting. They can ruin the best sounding bands. Or make them, obviously. I really do like the Fuckbuttons stuff though. I'm the kind of person who hears vocals as part of the music ususally. I really hate over-loud vocals more than anything. I like to have to pick em out from inside the noise. Just thought of loads of exceptions. Lambchop for example. I'll just shut up. I'm waffling. I'll think before I answer next time....

Apr 05, 2009, 21:24

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

bemo wrote:
Wow! I'd never seen this before. Obviously realised what it looked like straight away but I've never seen this before. I'm trying to imagine what sort of music it is. Australian / Japanese prog rock? 1972? No doubt totally wrong and I should no doubt have heard of it, but that's what it should be, surely. Well done for keeping our minds off the sad news. I'm currently deaf having seen Earth playing last night. They were superb.

Ha! I couldn't believe it either. I have owned the Pavement LP for years and was blown away at this....1970s German record!!! Excellent krautrocking band (the stuff I have heard). I'm going to buy this LP (will report later)

BTW I am enjoying the R Wyatt records - so much in fact that I am going to buy more of the Domino reissues.

Never heard of Earth to be honest. I have, however, just got me some Sunn O))) [Flight Of The Behemoth] - I like them!

Apr 05, 2009, 21:34

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index