Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Opinions on the new keyboard/vocal guy (Julien Gasc)
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Opinions on the new keyboard/vocal guy (Julien Gasc)

So what does everyone think of Julien Gasc, the new keyboardist who also does background vocals? Some of the reception for him is quite warm as I can see, whereas some other guy said that he probably makes Mary turn in her grave.

I think he's great, judging by the audio evidence of the current tour. He blends in well with Laetitia. So definitely a keeper.

Other opinions?

Oct 09, 2008, 18:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DCypher2
107 posts

Re: Opinions on the new keyboard/vocal guy (Julien Gasc)

Like I said in the other post, defintely a keeper. Mary will always be unforgetable and somewhat irreplaceable, but we can't keep harping on the fact that she is gone, let us embrace the future of Stereolab.

Oct 09, 2008, 18:47

demophobya
demophobya
13 posts

Judging by the audio/video stuff of this tour, he seems very cool, but I loved the original replacement for Mary, the French Horn played by the missing Joe. In fact, I think it's one of the reasons I'm studying French Horn.

Oct 09, 2008, 18:55

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I think he's like a male version of Morgane.

Oct 09, 2008, 20:10

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

I was very impressed with Julien's contribution at the Brixton Windmaill gig back in May (his very first gig with the groop). I had to give him a pat on the back as they came off the stage. He seemed a bit bemused by that :)

Oct 09, 2008, 20:36

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

I loved him.

I like the interpretations to French horn, but the horn couldnt say happiness the way Julien did.

I still stand by the fact i think he should wear a dress.;)

I would not, i say would not object to him being on an album in any way shape or form.

Oct 10, 2008, 02:48

argylecover
35 posts

No one's going to mention the fact that he is ****ing adorable? Okay I will.

He is ****ing adorable.

Oct 10, 2008, 04:13

calapia
calapia
252 posts

He's Ok, but I definitely think they should get someone else to play keys. Maybe, hmmm, I don't know, maybe the keyboardist from that band Monocle? He seems like he would be able to handle it.

Oct 10, 2008, 04:45

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

argylecover wrote:
No one's going to mention the fact that he is ****ing adorable? Okay I will.

He is ****ing adorable.

I already said that...I said he was a male version of Morgane.

Oct 10, 2008, 15:21

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

calapia wrote:
He's Ok, but I definitely think they should get someone else to play keys. Maybe, hmmm, I don't know, maybe the keyboardist from that band Monocle? He seems like he would be able to handle it.

Yeah, but he's awfully demanding with salary and likes to create a militaristic, tense environment.

Oct 10, 2008, 15:48

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index