Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Opinions on the new keyboard/vocal guy (Julien Gasc)
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DCypher2
107 posts

Re: Opinions on the new keyboard/vocal guy (Julien Gasc)

Was Morgane a demanding, difficult person to work with??

Oct 10, 2008, 17:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

But way less hot. :(

Oct 10, 2008, 21:06

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

DCypher2 wrote:

I don't know...I think she was fired for showing up late/skipping rehearsals.

She always looked bored to me.

Oct 10, 2008, 21:38

Jackson
20 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
DCypher2 wrote:

I don't know...I think she was fired for showing up late/skipping rehearsals.

She always looked bored to me.

Why do you think that? It seems like a "Big Assumption" to me. Unless you have proof, or you can point out a specific incident, I think you should apologize to Morgan

Oct 10, 2008, 21:55

UltraHighFrequency
4 posts

She did look bored.

Oct 11, 2008, 06:35

Dara
Dara
905 posts

...and a dashed fine climber to boot!

http://profiles.bleau.info/julien.gasc/

Oct 12, 2008, 01:00

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Dara wrote:
...and a dashed fine climber to boot!

http://profiles.bleau.info/julien.gasc/

I saw that too i dont think thats him...
:S

Oct 12, 2008, 02:28

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Jackson wrote:

Why do you think that? It seems like a "Big Assumption" to me. Unless you have proof, or you can point out a specific incident, I think you should apologize to Morgan

It was posted on the old forum. I'm just repeating what I read.

Oct 12, 2008, 04:25

k.
k.
407 posts

No offense to the guy as a human being, but as a backing vocalist for Stereolab he totally blows. When he sings he looks like he doesn't have enough fiber in his diet. And the thought of a male backing vocalist in Stereolab is tantamount to sacrilege, IMO. The loss of Mary is incalculable, and no one would argue to ever "replace" her. That thought was probably with them during the previous two tours, when they came up with the clever idea to use the horns to play the melodies that Mary would have sung, and it worked out pretty well, AFAIC. But Julien doing backing vocals is really bad, his voice is not that good, and it just reinforces the fact that the 3-women/3-man ideal of Stereolab, the classic band, is dead; the future band is a total sausage-fest. Sucks.

Oct 17, 2008, 17:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I've only heard the Irving Plaza recording, I don't see them til next week. (Yay!) I don't feel quite as strongly about it as k, but I do think he sounds pretty anemic. I like that he has a high voice, but I'd prefer to hear a female with good vocal control and a nicer tone. Some of those parts are pretty hard to sing.

I don't know about the keyboard playing, sounds ok to me, except I don't like the substitute violin parts, they sound cheesy.

I'm happy with Laetitia overdubbing other harmony parts when they record.

Oct 19, 2008, 07:44

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index