Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
'Scuse me, this is England isn't it? Protest Death Police Assault
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

'Scuse me, this is England isn't it? Protest Death Police Assault

Am I living in England? Can this be covered up or whitewashed?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2009/apr/07/g20-protest-death-police-assault

Some good comments at the bottom.

~8^|>

Apr 07, 2009, 21:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: 'Scuse me, this is England isn't it? Protest Death Police Assault

It was the fackin pigs what done it! :)

And the police wonder why nobody likes them. I know they have it tough on big protest days but that's out of order. Fucking donut eating muthafuc*as. These 'public servants' get to retire after 30 years 'graft'. Retired on a full pension at 48 some of these fuckers. What a joke. AND they were threatening to strike last year because they got done out of 0.5% of a pay deal. Best pension IN THE WORLD is what this lot get. Jeez, you couldnt make it up. Cun*s.

Apr 07, 2009, 21:49

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

gary calm down. You're scaring the children, well child, well miniature devil. Nevermind she's fine, she's said worse in her sleep.

Apr 08, 2009, 00:21

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

revox wrote:
Am I living in England? Can this be covered up or whitewashed?

What an absolute disgrace, especially the way the police appear to have been caught blatantly lying to the press (quoted from a BBC website report):

"The City of London Police said: 'A post-mortem examination found he died of natural causes. [He] suffered a sudden heart attack while on his way home from work. The family thanked all the people who rushed to Ian's aid when he collapsed and said how grateful they are for all the efforts that were made to help him.....'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said at the time that officers treating him had bottles thrown at them by protesters."

We'll see how things play out tomorrow, and the level of coverage the story gets. If this doesn't end up all over the news then questions must be asked not only of the police, but also the government and even more so the workings of the media.

Apr 08, 2009, 02:56

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

looks like some media set up. that dudes an old man for crying out loud. that all looks pretty cruel.

Apr 08, 2009, 03:08

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

probably some senile old man they led out there

Apr 08, 2009, 03:09

revox
revox
800 posts

The 'officer' has 'come forward' - I reckon that a story has been concocted to justify the action.

I lived in London for some time, and went on a few protests. One time I stumbled across a pretty heated protest, quite by accident, exactly as Ian Tomlinson had done.

I had a few dogs snapping at my heels and some right thugs behind me (police), which made me immediately respond as Mr Tomlinson did - head down, shoulders hunched, hands immediately in pockets (anyone notice how the dogs in the clip were not as excited because his hands were in his pockets), try and remain calm (nonchalant, in fact) and I managed to make my way unchallenged, but it was very very frightening.

This is so bad, ID cards, DNA databases, the most CCTV cameras of any country in the world (4.2 million), what was effectively a coverup in the IPCC 'investigation' of the incredibly tragic Jean de Menezes case (the IPCC are now in charge of this particular investigation) and now what is effectively manslaughter on the streets by a supposed law enforcer. Insanity.

~8^|>

Apr 08, 2009, 20:13

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
We'll see how things play out tomorrow, and the level of coverage the story gets. If this doesn't end up all over the news then questions must be asked not only of the police, but also the government and even more so the workings of the media.

So, I came home from work this evening, sat down to check out the 9 o'clock news, and what did I see?

Half an hour of meaningless speculation about 10 suspects being apprehended in "terror raids", which had to be brought forward thanks to the man aboves incompetence. Thus the G20 police assault story is relegated to a mere footnote in todays news.....what an unfortunate coincidence. At least I sincerely hope that's all it was.

Apr 08, 2009, 20:14

revox
revox
800 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Thus the G20 police assault story is relegated to a mere footnote in todays news.....what an unfortunate coincidence. At least I sincerely hope that's all it was.

Agree with both your & GaryB comments 100%.

Y'know what gets me?

Despite this clown's incompetence, the BBC are reporting today that - "Mr Brown revealed police had been following the plot "for some time", before Mr Quick accidently revealed a document about it to press photographers as he arrived for a briefing in Downing Street." - Now, isn't that interesting?

All of this bollox 'n' hot air about ID cards and DNA databases being essential to the protection of us poor vulnerable civilised members of public from those nasty terrorists under the bed and YET Mr Plod seems to be doing a bloody marvelous job without them - Wonderful, innnit?!

~8^)>

Apr 09, 2009, 20:05